What software is this?

Maguwa

Reaction score
I really like the way this tablature is written, especially the circles around the number to represent half notes as well as the use of rests in the tab. Does anyone know what software this is or another editor that uses this style?
I've used Finale, Guitar Pro, PowerTab, Sibelius, and Band in a Box, but none of them use this style....

Thank you!

Tab Example.jpg

Actually the only time I've seen uke tab set that way is in books from Japanese publishers - since you're in Japan, I'm wondering if you got this from a book? I don't know what publishing houses use for music, but I'm guessing it's not a consumer-level computer program. I'll be interested to find out if it is - thanks for asking this question!

I'd suggest using tab software that lets you specify which font to use, then download a free font such as Numberpile, which consists entirely of numbers in circles. You can download it free for personal use from MyFont here:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/typodermic/numberpile/

Click "Add to cart", select "Desktop" and checkout. You'll have to create a MyFont account, but it's free.

Thank you all for your responses!!

Carl, I really like what you have been doing! Keep up the good work mate!

janeray, you are correct, it is from a Japanese publisher, Rittor Music. I have searched around in Japanese too, but as you stated, it seems to be a non-consumer level program... Too bad. :(

itsme, I agree with you, but there are a few reasons why I am interested in this font.
When sight reading it can be a bit hectic trying to decipher all of this, jumping from line to line. Certainly not impossible though.
I really want to have something to make sheet music for my students, as a way to bridge the gap between tab and standard notation.
In addition, when making duet parts, I like to have the 2 parts stacked together to share one music stand and have less pages to deal with.

Big Kahuna, that sounds like it could be a decent work around. I'll see what I can do. :)

Thank you again everyone!

Coincidentally, I just learned today that you can do the circles in Guitar Pro by altering the stylesheet. It doesn't look quite as elegant as the OP's example but it's certainly easy enough to do. Screenshot attached to show what changes to make in the stylesheet.

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 6.10.49 PM.jpg

Top Bottom