FS/FT: DaSilva custom 19 fret soprano DavSila#291

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm listing this lovely custom Da Silva soprano ukulele. It's an absolute stunner. I recently got it from fellow UU member Janeray1940.

You can see the original listing here:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?97787-checking-interest-DaSilva-291-mahogany-19-fret-soprano&highlight=janeray+fret+soprano

I'm only selling as I've gone down a similar route of falling in love with the koa concert sound. I was lucky enough to get an HF2D+ from HMS recently and I've utterly fallen in love with the Kamaka sound and would love to get either a Kamaka soprano or tenor. Janeray was superb to deal with and I was very happy with this uke.

It's a gorgeous ukulele with amazing note clarity. It also has the best intonation of any ukulele I've had and unusually for a soprano has 19 playable frets! Nice low action and plays like butter.

The specs:

13.75" scale length
Honduras mahogany top, back, sides and neck
Ebony fretboard
19 frets
Peghed tuners
Polyester gloss finish

It is currently strung with Worth BLs for a nice warm tone. It is in great condition with gorgeous mirror gloss and just a few minimal signs of wear to the neck.

I am not looking to make any more than I bought it for and will take anywhere around $800 plus shipping. I will post worldwide from the UK and will do a deal (reduce the price a bit) to help anyone wanting it in the States.

Comes with a lovely hard case.

Would also be interested in trades for a Kamaka soprano or tenor.

Many thanks, as always.

Matt

image2.jpg
image6 (1).jpg
image5 (1).jpg
aaaa.jpg
image7.jpg

Last edited:
PS. Janeray - Sorry, did try to send an email just to let you know I'm posting this and not to worry, I was really happy with the uke (which I am - it's fantastic - just not my flavour right now!). UU wouldn't let me. I'm guessing your inbox may be full. Cheers, Matt :)

PS. Janeray - Sorry, did try to send an email just to let you know I'm posting this and not to worry, I was really happy with the uke (which I am - it's fantastic - just not my flavour right now!). UU wouldn't let me. I'm guessing your inbox may be full. Cheers, Matt :)

No worries, Matt! I've got PMs turned off right now so I'm glad I caught this post. I actually laughed out loud when I saw your reason for selling. A HF2D+ can definitely cause some serious koa concert love :)

And for those considering the purchase - Matt was fantastic to deal with, I have no doubt that he's as trustworthy of a seller as he is a buyer, and everything he wrote about the uke is spot-on.

Best of luck on the sale (or trade).

Top Bottom