• return the extra 4

Votes: 66 86.8%
  • keep them

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

strumsilly

Reaction score
ordered a ukulele from Amazon and they sent 5 ! only paid for one. what would you do. just curious.

Email customer service, hoping they won't ask them back. I wouldn't want to pay for shipping them back.

I'd be tempted to just give them away as Xmas gifts, but in the end I'd contact Amazon (or the seller).

Sometimes, they'll tell you to go ahead and keep them rather than pay to have them shipped back. If they do that, you can live with a clean conscience.

I'd be tempted to just give them away as Xmas gifts, but in the end I'd contact Amazon (or the seller).

Sometimes, they'll tell you to go ahead and keep them rather than pay to have them shipped back. If they do that, you can live with a clean conscience.

Yes, and if they tell you to keep them I would hope you would consider donating them to a music education program.

I'm not sure why this is a poll. Do people really think it's okay to keep something that is shipped in error without contacting the company?

I'm not sure why this is a poll. Do people really think it's okay to keep something that is shipped in error without contacting the company?

The question is more ambiguous than that. For instance, I'd be disinclined to return the extra if I had contacted Amazon and they said I had to pay return shipping.

Depending on the cost of the uke, my cost for shipping them back could very well exceed the worth of the uke.

Last edited:
if I had contacted Amazon and they said I had to pay return shipping.

I have a hard time believing this would be the policy for any retailer. Amazon would charge you to ship back merchandise that they shipped you erroneously?

I agree. Whenever someone gets the short end of the stick everyone says how the seller needs to make it right somehow yet if it's an error in their favor they question whether or not to inform the seller and do right by them.

The question is more ambiguous than that. For instance, I'd be disinclined to return the extra if I had contacted Amazon and they said I had to pay return shipping.

Depending on the cost of the uke, my cost for shipping them back could very well exceed the worth of the uke.

In all the years I've ordered from online retailers I've never once was asked to pay for return shipping. It would be ridiculous for them to punish an honest person in a situation like this.

I agree. Whenever someone gets the short end of the stick everyone says how the seller needs to make it right somehow yet if it's an error in their favor they question whether or not to inform the seller and do right by them.

In all the years I've ordered from online retailers I've never once was asked to pay for return shipping. It would be ridiculous for them to punish an honest person in a situation like this.

I agree it would be ridiculous, but I've definitely had it happen on more than one occasion when I've received defective or incorrect merchandise, so I figure I'd mention it.

I believe "what goes around comes around".....

do what ever you want..but hard to understand why they want you to pay for the shipping back...

Only one right thing to do. Contact Amazon and/or seller and follow instructions, as long as it's at their expense.

Are you honest or dishonest?
CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE,NOW.
I did before I even posted., and I'm returning them,they sent prepaid shipping label, I was just curious how honest others were. I know when I was teaching I was surprised how many of my middle school students thought cheating was ok, as long as you didn't caught.

Top Bottom