Worth strings. BM. Or BS

jjdejd

Reaction score
Bought a used soprano a couple of months back. It had Worth Brown strings. The E string knot pulled through the other day and was to short to re-tie. Put a set of Aquila 4u's on and hate them, sooooo I'm trying to figure which Worth strings to buy. I remember the old Worth A string was really thin and I could bend it fairly easy. I didn't care for that much. I have the Aquila 4U thickness measurements and have been comparing them to the Worth. Seems the BM MAY be what I want, but the A string seems a little thin. Anybody have experience with the Worth BS series. Sorry for the rant. Thanks.

I haven't played with the browns, but I really enjoy the clear mediums. I'm not sure I would enjoy the strong tension as much as the medium.

It depends on the uke you're putting them on and the sound you are looking for.

It depends on the uke you're putting them on and the sound you are looking for.

The uke is a Sprucehouse BA1C Soprano. The old Worth strings were really loud and clear, but as I said the E string pulled through and could not be re-tied. I asked the person I bought it from and he gave me the website, but they don't carry them anymore. I'm guessing it had the BM, but the A string was really thin. I thought they may have been the BL series. Guess I'll give the BM's a try.

Top Bottom