Silvertone Baritone Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyD

Reaction score
It seems I have too many instruments (not true) and if I want another, I'll need to sell one (according to my better half). I haven't played this Silvertone Baritone much, I always pick up one of my guitars or one of my other ukes before it. Though I love the idea of having this very cool, old piece around it's the one that's gotta go. I'd like to find a nice home for it so I'm throwing it up here.

In terms of specifications, I have few. There are a few pages that talk about these models online, but I don't have a clue what year it is. That being said, it's all mahogony with a rosewood fretboard.

It's definitely seen the world before I got it, and has a couple of scars to prove it. On the back there are two cracks (as seen in pictures), and there are some scratches and dents to be found. Also, for some reason, the tiniest splotch of what appears to be white paint on the front. The neck was pulling at the body a bit when I got it, but I brought it to a good local luthier who set it well again. With all of that said, it plays quite well. It could probably use a bit of a tune, but the neck is straight and the frets are in good condition.

Also comes with new polyfoam case that hasn't left the house.

I am asking $175 shipping included to the lower 48, but feel free to give offers/ask questions. I've seen quite a spread on the going rate for these ukes. Thanks UU!
IMG_0704.jpgIMG_0705.jpgIMG_0703.jpgIMG_0697.jpg

I think this one dates to the mid-1960's, based on the headstock logo. This would be one of the last USA-built ones (made by Harmony in Chicago), before production shifted to Japan.

I have a slightly earlier (ca. 1960) Silvertone baritone, and it is a sweet player. Good luck with your sale, MickeyD!

Sweet. Silvertones seem to be very highly regarded players.

sent private message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom