Prayers for Hawaii

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last edited:
Amen to that. The latest reports from Hawaii indicate that Tropical Storm Ana is going to track to the south of the islands, hitting the southern tip of the Big Island the hardest and then probably O'ahu and Kaua'i, while Maui and the remainder of the Big Island are going to get heavy rain and some winds. Hurricane Gonzalo is already a major hurricane and is headed straight for Bermuda. I hope these storms do minimal damage, and my thoughts are with those in their paths.

The storm is weak and the Pacific is cold. Let's hope that the storm just dumps rain on the islands and nothing more. These storms often result in coastal flooding but not the heavy wind damage seen in the Gulf of Mexico. a complete miss would be ideal.

Amen. God bless Hawaii. Wish all the people, animals, trees be safe and peace.

Sending hopes of weak winds and good wishes to Hawaii and Bermuda. I have family in Visakhapatnam, India who just weathered Cyclone Hudhud. They're fine, but it's a big mess there right now. These storms are no joke, and I hope everyone facing one takes it seriously and prepares for the worst.

Sending hopes of weak winds and good wishes to Hawaii and Bermuda. I have family in Visakhapatnam, India who just weathered Cyclone Hudhud. They're fine, but it's a big mess there right now. These storms are no joke, and I hope everyone facing one takes it seriously and prepares for the worst.

I hail from Columbus, Ohio. Today, however, I am in Delray Beach, Florida for a writers conference. My wife and I will be headed home next Tuesday. Are you familiar with COUP (Central Ohio Ukulele Peeps)? There is also a Meetup group of uke players in town.

I hail from Columbus, Ohio. Today, however, I am in Delray Beach, Florida for a writers conference. My wife and I will be headed home next Tuesday. Are you familiar with COUP (Central Ohio Ukulele Peeps)? There is also a Meetup group of uke players in town.

I'm too shy to join any groups, unfortunately. I wish that weren't the case. :(

I'm too shy to join any groups, unfortunately. I wish that weren't the case. :(

Well, if you ever decide to check out the group, it is more or less a bunch of friends who get together and have a few laughs and eat some munchies. we don't play a lot of music. When we do, nobody expects perfection. :)

Remember the Jesuit motto:

Pray as though everything depends on God and act as though everything depends on you. Hedge your bets. We're waiting for the hurricane here in Honolulu. Getting extra water set out in case the water supply goes down. Water in big containers to flush the toilets. Food ready. Plans in case the electricity goes out and the elevators don't work. Plan and ready yourselves and be prepared to help others.

Last edited:
Praying for peace and protection for all the islands in the path of these storms.

My wife and I are flying to Oahu on Sunday evening so we've been monitoring the weather channels with high hopes that Anna fizzles out or does her thing over open unhabited waters. Best wishes to all in the path of the storm.

The hurricane swerved south luckily and all we got in Honolulu was mild constant rains and very mild to no winds
Thanks to overzealous weather teams on the news and gov officials again, we dodged like the past two hurricanes, sometimes I wonder if the media gets a cut from stores on emergency items and water.. :(
I guess it is better to be prepared and safe than sorry
Thank you to all who expressed their thoughts and concerns or our safety :)
On a good positive thought, we needed the rain from the long drought we had :)

Last edited:
That's great news Stan. We had a nasty storm called a derecho come through a couple of years ago, and it took everyone by surprise. We lost power for days, winds knocked trees into houses, you get the idea. Ever since, the weather forecasters have been overly pessimistic when it comes to storm predictions. But yes, better safe than sorry.

The hurricane swerved south luckily and all we got in Honolulu was mild constant rains and very mild to no winds
Thanks to overzealous weather teams on the news and gov officials again, we dodged like the past two hurricanes, sometimes I wonder if the media gets a cut from stores on emergency items and water.. :(
I guess it is better to be prepared and safe than sorry
Thank you to all who expressed their thoughts and concerns or our safety :)
On a good positive thought, we needed the rain from the long drought we had :)

Good news Stan. I'm flying in tomorrow and was happy to see it miss Oahu!

On Oahu right now and the weather looks great. Grace Park of Hawaii 5-0 was on our plane from Vancouver yesterday and she was looking great as well.

Top Bottom