Thanks to Hawaii Music Supply (HMS)

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
I want to publicly thank Hawaii Music Supply (HMS) for their more than thoughtful and excellent customer service. I recently placed an order with them for a new instrument and HMS, after trying to meet my desires regarding setup, called and informed me that the instrument I wanted just couldn't be set up as I desired and gave me several options regarding this purchase. They could have very easily shipped the instrument out without saying anything but they cared enough to take the time to bring their concerns to my attention in order to assure my satisfaction.

I sincerely appreciate their honesty and consideration and I highly recommend HMS for your next new instrument purchase. They are good folks trying to do the right thing for everyone.

My opinion: Hawaii Music Supply is the best merchant in the world.

I second that opinion :) Andrew and his entire staff really do love music and sincerely want to spread a little aloha to everyone. I have had nice conversations with Eli, Zach, and even Andrew on more than one occasion. I have bought 2 ukuleles so far, and will definitely buy from them again. Thank you Andrew for doing what you do!!

Wait, you talkin' about these guys?

Really, they do an awesome job and you know they have to bust their asses to keep up with the volume of work, but it looks like they have some fun too.

BTW, I think it's Chris, Joel, and Zach in the photo.

Last edited:
I agree, they're great! :)

Actually, in my experience, ukulele stores in general seem to have better quality customer service than other stores. Even when you compare them to regular music stores.

Sorry to hijack this to a degree, but I'll put Mim right up there with them.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack this to a degree, but I'll put Mim right up there with them.

Hey Mike...I agree Mim just as good but I don't think she has as much volume(sales wise) as HMS and I think she is a one person shop...MGM used to say she is the next MGM...but I have no experience ordering from her...

how many ukes have you ordered from HMS and who did you speak with....just trying to keep things real....:)

I third,fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. the recommendations for HMS. There is no better musical instrument dealer to deal with.
Cheers

I also echo the remarks on HMS. Even though I just started playing the ukulele, but I have already gotten the UAS bug badly and I have been keeping HMS very busy. After ordering my first high end uke from HMS and having a very good experience. I ordered more and just received my 2nd order for 2 more ukes yesterday, and then I placed another order that is just shipping. I need to slow down, but collecting nice ukes is starting to be a fun hobby.

I will always try to buy my ukes from HMS for their customer service, set up, advice. And also their website rocks. They always give sound samples of all their ukes with a great job done by Corey and some by Aaron, which is a big plus. And many instructional videos, comparison of strings, pickups and ukes are also very helpful. And another great plus is that they put a lot of great sheet tabs for many of the songs they play.

To me, it is the best site to buy your uke from because of all these things. Thanks HMS.

Last edited:
Andrew K is da man! and a real friend of UUers!

Last July, for the Ukulele Festival Hawaii, there was a thread re: a meet-up
during the Festival, somewhere near the HMS tent. There was a threat of rain,
so there was talk about some kind of canopy.

Just like the Night Before Christmas, when I got there looking for a small canopy
behind the HMS tent... nothing. But what to my wondering eyes should be there,
but a full-size, Vendor canopy right next to HMS!! and it was for us! compliments
of Andrew K and HMS! Wow!

And if you followed the thread back in July, you know that that Tent was the place
to be throughout the entire Festival! Dignitaries, Ukulele Royalty were there from
Hawaii and around the world. Even Chuck Moore showed up! :)

Anyway, all to say that Andrew K and HMS truly made my own, and other UUers'
experience of this year's Uke Fest, a truly memorable experience... with more to
come next July! :)

Thanks, Andrew (he even bought me lunch in Wahiawa... while we were waiting
for some straggling, delinquen... oops late arriving friends :) - you know who you
are!)

keep uke'in',

And if you go to the Uke Fest Hawaii this July, plan on spending a good deal of time
with your fellow UUers at the HMS Kanikapila Tent!

Andrew K is da man! and a real friend of UUers!

Last July, for the Ukulele Festival Hawaii, there was a thread re: a meet-up
during the Festival, somewhere near the HMS tent. There was a threat of rain,
so there was talk about some kind of canopy.

Just like the Night Before Christmas, when I got there looking for a small canopy
behind the HMS tent... nothing. But what to my wondering eyes should be there,
but a full-size, Vendor canopy right next to HMS!! and it was for us! compliments
of Andrew K and HMS! Wow!

And if you followed the thread back in July, you know that that Tent was the place
to be throughout the entire Festival! Dignitaries, Ukulele Royalty were there from
Hawaii and around the world. Even Chuck Moore showed up! :)

Anyway, all to say that Andrew K and HMS truly made my own, and other UUers'
experience of this year's Uke Fest, a truly memorable experience... with more to
come next July! :)

Thanks, Andrew (he even bought me lunch in Wahiawa... while we were waiting
for some straggling, delinquen... oops late arriving friends :) - you know who you
are!)

keep uke'in',

And if you go to the Uke Fest Hawaii this July, plan on spending a good deal of time

You're right Rod. When I first met Andrew, about 7 years ago, it was a the Waikiki Ukulele Festival. he was way in the back, apart from the others, and I seem to remember a single card table, maybe two, but not even a canopy. He's come a long way since then! His booth was the hit of the festival last year.

Geez, don't make me so jealous! All I get to do is order from HMS. Maybe if my next job pays me better, I can go. :iwant:

I agree with everything said about the staff at HMS...let the love continue and grow!!!

I have to agree with this thread. In my experience with Andrew, I have always found him exceedingly kind and knowledgeable. He and his staff always go beyond in their customer service. It feels more like a huge family store. I have not met Andrew personally, only through the phone conversations and emails, and I have never been to Hawaii...however, if I am ever lucky enough to visit, HMS will be on my short list of "must see" places to visit.

What's great about HMS is that they treat the customers well, whether you buy an affordable or high end uke. I've purchased 5 affordable ukes from them and they set them up really well, which is more important to me because I can always fine tune my own instruments but these are gifts to newbies and I want them to have the best possible experience.

I have to agree with this thread. In my experience with Andrew, I have always found him exceedingly kind and knowledgeable. He and his staff always go beyond in their customer service. It feels more like a huge family store. I have not met Andrew personally, only through the phone conversations and emails, and I have never been to Hawaii...however, if I am ever lucky enough to visit, HMS will be on my short list of "must see" places to visit.

Never been to Hawaii...come on Stan would be thrilled to met you in person....if you come we give you the Ukulele tour for the Stars only....:)

try to make it to the festival one of these years....

Top Bottom