The Ukulele Site - Home Page Video - Draft 1

KimosTherapy

Reaction score
I haven't been around on the UU for quite a long time ... but came across Andrew's video draft for the Ukulele Site (H.M.S.) and just wanted to give props to bruddah Andrew. Cool video!!! Great choice of song by da Ka'au Crater Boys - Tropical Hawaiian Day.

http://vimeo.com/109143232

Thanks Kimo! I had the concept based around the song so I called Ernie to ask if I could use it. He said, "for you, sure, but gotta make sure with Roy Sakuma, he owns it" Called Roy and he said "I own the rights and yes, you can use it, I don't wan't any money, just keep helping me donate ukes to kids in need". Of course I said I would love to! By the way, Roy is involved in so many non profit efforts to spread the joy of ukulele. He gave tons of ukes to Japanese tsunami victims just as one example. We had a long talk about collaborating efforts and spreading aloha to those in need. Roy is truly one of my heroes and I aspire to give back in a similar way. I have a lot to learn from him. As far as the video, it's the header on the new site to come and the first in a line of fun videos to enjoy.

Andrew...thanks for mentioning Roy Sakuma....you are so right he is the Mr. Ukulele here in Hawaii and not to much said about him on the UU......he is the best at spreading Aloha to kids all over the World and here in Hawaii....

Ho bruddah Kimo! Wea u been li'dat??? Mahalo fo posting dis video ovah hea! Props to bruddah Andrew cause dis vid gets me all emotional kine and homesick! Specially da Ka'au Crater Boys "Topical Hawaiian Days" geeves da vid da Island touch ah!

Shoots den! No be one stranguh, ah!

That is an amazing video, there is no doubt about that. Love the concept of the uke moving through HMS. Spirited tune, cheery young people, aloha all the way.

Great, Andrew. Thanks for sharing, KT.

Love it! Makes me want to go to Hawaii though :(

Top Bottom