Ukulele shops in Paris

LOVEAGOODUKE

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Paris for a few days in December and visiting the Christmas markets.I was wondering if any forum members know of any good ukulele shops there I can visit to try out a few ukes.

Look up R F Charles. I've not visited myself but have seen some amazing ukes from there. Quite high end I think.

I think luthier Maurice Dupont has a showroom in Paris now. Besides his famous Guitars, he also builds some nice Selmer-Maccaferri style Ukuleles.

Last edited:
Already two good answers (François Charles' shop is in the old Galerie Vero-Dodat close to the Louvre; for Duponts shop at the Avenue Daumesnil I'd call in advance to ask if they have any ukuleles to show).

Most shops for musical instruments are in the Rue de Douai and its surroundings, that's close to Place Pigalle.

Then there are the ukulele encounters. Every second Thursday evening there's a Cabaret du Uke at Rue de Mouzaïa, hosted by Phillipe Krouk. The other grand host of the ukulele in Paris, Bertrand Saint-Guillain, threw Ukulele Hui' meetings every first or second Tuesday at the Rue Sambre et Meuse. Best mail them to know the exact dates, hours and places. Their contact adresses are easy enough to find. Even when you can't make it to the meet-ups, those two would be the ideal guides.

Also worthwhile, just 4km outside of Paris, is the workshop of Mike Lewis in Vitry-sur-Seine, who makes Fine Resophonic. He's the only one currently making dobro-style spider bridge ukuleles. He doesn't actually have a showroom, but an email in advance should tell you if a visit is possible.

Last edited:
While I have never been to François Charles' shop, I have worked with him by phone and email, and he is one of the good ones. I'd prioritize a visit to his shop if I were in Paris.

Don't worry, plenty more ukes in the sea! :)

You should definitely try and get to one of Philippe Krouk's nights. He's a bit of a hero for me. I'm jealous of both his collection and his skills. I'd love to get over to Paris to meet him.

Update:
- I kind of doubt if the Ukulélé 'hui's are still held.
- But there is a third circuit of meetings, this time every single week, on wednesday evenings at the 'Ma Pomme')bistrot in the rue de Ménilmontant in Belleville, close to the Père Lachaise cemetery. The name of those meetings is 'Rendez'uke' and they're on facebook.

Update:
- there is a third circuit of meetings, this time every single week, on wednesday evenings at the 'Ma Pomme')bistrot in the rue de Ménilmontant in Belleville, close to the Père Lachaise cemetery. The name of those meetings is 'Rendez'uke' and they're on facebook.

Ma Pomme en Colimaçon, 107, rue de Ménilmontant, Paris 75020
(subways: Ménilmontant or Gambetta, buses: 96, 26)
They meet every Wednesday from 7:30pm (except for the holidays)

Top Bottom