FS Collings UT1 K - Mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimmer

Reaction score
I'm downsizing my uke collection (i.e., smaller ukes, not fewer) and this great tenor will have to go. I need to make way for a custom concert I just ordered, and to pay my Visa bill for the King soprano I recently bought from GinnyNC at the UU marketplace.

Bought in 2012 from Music Emporium in MA. I'm the first owner. The uke is in perfect condition. No strum marks because I used it for fingerstyle. Its a stock UT1 K with the usual options, including Pegheads tuners. Comes with the original hardshell case. I see some scuffs on the outside of the case, but the uke doesn't have any scratches or dings.

If you know Collings, you know what to expect. Its a great uke, and it plays and sounds great. It has a bold, punchy sound, with plenty of warmth from the koa.

Price was $1150 until today, but now I will part with it for a firm $1050. They list for over $1700, and this one is as good as new. I'll pay shipping & insurance in the continental US. Paypal only.

Sorry the pics are sideways...

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
A few more pictures...

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 130
I'll also mention that because selling this tenor will clear me out in the tenor size, the buyer will receive a few new sets of premium strings to try out - worths, savarez, aquila. I liked this uke with any of the strings I just mentioned. Savarez had the strongest, roundest tone, worths were more mellow and seemed to strum better. Aquilas were in between. I found the new squeakless Fremont low g worked great for that tuning. Currently the uke is strung with brand new aquilas in high g.

I'm downsizing my uke collection (i.e., smaller ukes, not fewer) and this great tenor will have to go. I need to make way for a custom concert I just ordered, and to pay my Visa bill for the King soprano I recently bought from GinnyNC at the UU marketplace.

Bought in 2012 from Music Emporium in MA. I'm the first owner. The uke is in perfect condition. No strum marks because I used it for fingerstyle. Its a stock UT1 K with the usual options, including Pegheads tuners. Comes with the original hardshell case. I see some scuffs on the outside of the case, but the uke doesn't have any scratches or dings.

If you know Collings, you know what to expect. Its a great uke, and it plays and sounds great. It has a bold, punchy sound, with plenty of warmth from the koa.

Price is $1150. They list for over $1700, and this one is as good as new. I'll pay shipping & insurance in the continental US. Paypal only.

Sorry the pics are sideways...

View attachment 72010View attachment 72011View attachment 72012

do you have a picture of the collings label showing model and serial #
i would like to purchase if it checks out....send pic to jvmalan@aol.com

thanks john

Uke still available. Can't lower the price, I think its a great deal, compared to a new UT1K.

With great reluctance, I'm willing to let this great uke go for $1050, shipping included to US. Price is firm, can't go lower. This is a $100 price drop. These go for over $1700 new - mine is mint, not near mint or minty.

I have a Strad uke in the works, so I'd like to see the Collings go to a new home. I love Collings, and would get a concert Collings if not for the Strad. Tenor's not my size, though. I like my ukes small...

I am in the opposite situation as I am selling my smaller Uke's and keeping my tenor.

Tenor seems to work for me better. Hope to own a Collings someday.

This is a great uke and it is priced right. Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Save your pennies. Collings makes a great tenor, either in koa or hog. If you can forego the bling of the fancy models, they are pretty affordable.

Save your pennies. Collings makes a great tenor, either in koa or hog. If you can forego the bling of the fancy models, they are pretty affordable.

For me it is the sound/tone that is most important. Collings knows how to do that for sure.

Crazy good deal. I'm exercising every bit of restraint not to nab this! Best of luck on the sale, and happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom