James Hill has UAS too

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I saw James Hill last night in Toronto for his new CD, Old Silo, kick off tour. He was absolutely great last night and so was his wife Ann Janele. James made a joke about using a different uke for every song because he had about half a dozen ukes on stage with him. He had a six string Mya Moe that was fairly new as he was talking about dealing with 6 strings instead of 4. Ann then commented about James being like the rest of us and suffering from "acquisition syndrome". Everybody there got it and had a chuckle. Really good people and great musicians, go see them if you get a chance

Last edited:
James and Anne are great people. I can't wait to catch up with him in a few weeks at the Kahumoku Workshop. Really looking forward to seeing the new tunes live! I don't think Anne is going to be with him though :-( so we'll see how he does it.

I truly enjoyed your one-on-one interview with James Hill for liveukulele, Brad. You asked non-traditional questions about creating music (not questions like, "So, what's it like living in a tour bus?" Lol).

For those that missed it, here's Brad and James.

Last edited:
Yep, that interview was great!

Petey

I hadn't seen that interview. James is my favorite player, excepting myself of course, just because I DO play and enjoy it so much :) Thanks for posting this Brad! BTW I like your tutorial of Kawika and know it well but don't know if I'll ever get the words down, LOL!

Top Bottom