NUD 2 + Tenor musings.

Uk3player78

Reaction score
I posted last week about my Mahalo U320T Tenor NUD and it's kerfing issue. Well today it was replaced. I am happy to say this one is fine. The courier was meant to take the first one but there must have been a break in communication as it was not picked up, no note of it even when he called his manager.

I held onto it and called the shop, it is going on Wednesday. I had it all packed up Sunday evening and i must say i missed it. I continued to use it till its initial pick up date, didn't see the harm. the strings were settling nicely.

I know is just laminated and maybe hard to get excited about but i like it! The second one sounds better than the first, i opened the first up again to compare. As i said in my first post it was to try the size without spending big, more below. I do think sometimes a cheapie can be great be it guitar or ukulele. This is a diamond. I do plan on doing some tenor research leading to a later purchase but i'm in no rush. Serious.

Musings. I see the appeal of the tenor. As i posted before i'm a guitarist too, had a flurry with the uke 3 years ago then quit, now returning. Only concerts and soprano's to date the latter being the favourite... till now. I posted a uke size poll last time and the tenor won. I have since researched more polls and it seems the tenor is a favourite.

I can see why. it has the classic uke tone but a big loud box and its great for fingering without feeling cramped. Great to hold and still plenty loud if played soft. I'm a night owl as i work nights in the week. Great for my work induced weekend insomnia and when i come home before the family rises in the week.

A happy new uke day. Pictures coming soon. Thanks for reading.

Congratulations. I've never played a Mahalo, but I've heard they're pretty good bang for the buck!

Glad this one is a keeper. My first uke was a blue Mahalo that we had purchased for my son - a soprano. I still have it.

Top Bottom