whats the diff???????????????

zrud123

Reaction score
i've been looking for my first uke and i need to kno what the diff. is between a concert and tenor uke? i've been told a tenor is good for a beginner but concerts can be cheaper sometimes and i really don't want to spend a lot of money a uke. i dunno which one to get:confused: plz help. thanx. zac;)

i've been looking for my first uke and i need to kno what the diff. is between a concert and tenor uke? i've been told a tenor is good for a beginner but concerts can be cheaper sometimes and i really don't want to spend a lot of money a uke. i dunno which one to get:confused: plz help. thanx. zac;)

well in the differences with my tenor and concert, the tenor tends to have a more deeper sound while the concert has a more brighter sound. The tenor has more frets than the concert also the tenor i believe can go up to 17 away from the body itself and the concert can only go to 15, unless u get a super concert from kanilea or kamaka which you'll be spending $600-1200. plus, price really depends on what kinda wood the ukulele is made out of, solid wood ukuleles tend to be much more than laminated ukuleles.

Basically concert and tenor is the size. Tenor is slightly bigger a more warm full sound. A concert uke will have little brighter sound. I forget why, but my friend is a luthier and he sometimes prefers to play a concert uke.......says its easier........but I forgot the real reason why he said that.

i started off as a soprano/concert ukuele player, but i upscaled to a tenor. I enjoy the tenor more cuz of the long neck and more room to play. I just made up a quote and its, "once u go tenor, you'll settle for no lesser" haha gay quote but its true for most people.

I think a tenor is more versatile. If you have any experience on guitar I would go for a tenor. You might wanna look at Kala, Lanikai, Pono

If you wanna be cheap, (and there's nothing wrong with being cheap!) just go ahead and get a soprano. You can get a Kala for less than a hundred bucks, and it sounds alright. I love mine.

Although, I have to admit, part of what I like about it is the plinky-plink sound of it, which I get the impression a lot of people don't care for.

Top Bottom