Build-in-Progress

Steveperrywriter

Reaction score
Current state of the Beau Hannam tenor he is doing for me, Redwood top, RW sides and back. Gonna have some walnut burl on the headstock. Top has just been sealed, CA, I think. Got something special planned, using agate, though I dunno exactly what, yet.

Stay tuned ...

image.jpg

Update: Check out the headstock ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, cool Steve. That's gonna be one beautiful uke!

Suh-weeet! I noticed that on Beau's FB page and assumed that was yours. Very, very cool.

that is some kind of sex right there!!
thanks for sharing!

He makes beautiful instruments. I would like to hear one in person. Are you getting a glossy finish? I don't know if that is how usually finishes them or not. I drool when I see his FB photos.

He makes beautiful instruments. I would like to hear one in person. Are you getting a glossy finish? I don't know if that is how usually finishes them or not. I drool when I see his FB photos.

Yeah, glossy finish. I am looking forward to seeing how the sides and back pop once he seals those, but I love the color combinations. I dunno what he is using for the fretboard and neck yet, or the saddle and nut, but I have been watching the various builds on FB, and they are all gorgeous. The one he did for Stan, the redwood/blackwood? it is one of the best-sounding ukes I have heard. (Not live -- Corey's playing, in Andrew's video, but even so ...)

Are you coming to the Milwauke uke festival? If I have mine by then I will be bringing it.

I am hoping to. Scheduled date is so poor. We host Thanksgiving and there is tons to do. And then there is the snow factor. Will it or won't it? But I'm kinda planning on it.

I would love it see and hear it. I don't have UAS, but man, oh, man he makes beautiful stuff.

Top Bottom