PDA

View Full Version : M-40 Concert Flea solid Koa top with fitted hard case

pahu
10-22-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm the second owner, but you couldn't tell by looking at it. I have looked closely and can't see even a strum mark. Rosewood fretboard.
Includes the Flea fitted case which is a $100 option. Standard friction tuners. It's not getting played since I got a Covered Bridge Concert, so it's going Bye-Bye. $350 including shipping to lower 48 and PayPal fees.7209872099721007210172102
email is faster than PM thesees1(at)gmail(dot)com 265 Positive transactions on eBay-If you dont LOVE it,
return it for refund(less shipping) within 3 days of receipt.

M3Ukulele
10-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Pahu,
Great looking package. What brand is the case and where did you get it? I have a walnut fluke and I just love your case.

How is the sound with the solid Koa top and rosewood fretboard? My Fluke is laminate Walnut and I'm sure I would like the Koa better. Finally, what strings do you like best on it?
Thanks

PhilUSAFRet
10-23-2014, 05:01 AM
Koa topped Fleas and Fluke are the best of both worlds. Good luck.

pahu
10-28-2014, 03:14 AM
Sorry for late reply. The case is sold by the Flea/Fluke store and has their brand on it. It's made by Gator and I see they have lowered the price from $95 to $75.
The Rosewood fretboard IMHO doesn't change the sound, but makes a huge difference in the 'feel'.
Sound is such a subjective thing I can't comment on the difference between solid & laminate tops.
I haven't experimented with strings, but many other comments if you do a search.