Western Swing Ukulele Book ???

Papa-Ooke

Reaction score
Hello all, just asking if anyone knows of a book or website that specifically caters to western swing for the ukulele. I'm a big fan of the old western swing sound with the likes of Bob Wills, Tommy Duncan, Hank Thompson, etc, etc. I'm not a very accomplished musician, but can handle the chords, besides, it's just me and my Lab on the back porch, and he don't seem to mind. Just looking for some info.

Thanks,
Papa

I've not met anything specifically for the ukulele, but there seem to be several publications available for the guitar which might be adaptable if they include guitar chords ... either play the same shapes and sing in a different key, or just use the chord letters as printed and play the ukulele shapes.

Given the heyday of this style seems to be "a while back" it may well be worth checking out your local friendly on-line auction site for second-hand contemporary publications. A lot of older sheet music (books as well as individual sheets) feature at least an acknowledgement to the ukulele, even if it's not specifically mentioned on the cover.

Good luck :)

Kypfer, yea, I can find guitar books for western swing, but I'm even less of a guitar player than I am a ukulele player. I guess I could take a book like that and grind through it and find the uke chords in the "C" tuning, but thought I'd try to find a uke book first. Just lazy I guess. Thanks for the input.

Papa

I've not met anything specifically for the ukulele, but there seem to be several publications available for the guitar which might be adaptable if they include guitar chords ... either play the same shapes and sing in a different key, or just use the chord letters as printed and play the ukulele shapes.

Given the heyday of this style seems to be "a while back" it may well be worth checking out your local friendly on-line auction site for second-hand contemporary publications. A lot of older sheet music (books as well as individual sheets) feature at least an acknowledgement to the ukulele, even if it's not specifically mentioned on the cover.

Good luck :)

Top Bottom