B flat tuning help with my Snark

hammer40

Reaction score
I wanted to try out a B flat (f' bflat d' g') alternate tuning on my uke. I have the Snark SN-8 tuner, but I could not get the 3rd string (Bflat) to register as such on the tuner. It would just register as B, the other strings seem to be fine, the f'd'and g'. There is a b button on the back of the Snark, with four levels (bbbb) which I guess are for tuning a guitar with a capo (1st thru 4th frets). It certainly sounded out of tune, so I must be doing something wrong.

Can anyone point me to a website or video for help? I surfed but could not find anything. I am musical theory challenged, so sorry if this is such a basic question.

My red Snark doesn't register as flats, just sharps. Try going for A#, it's the same note as Bb.

Thanks, that seems to be working. This really is quite a nice sound, the B flat tuning on a tenor. I've read some really positive things about it, I can see why. I am getting a little buzzing on the second string, when strummed at times, so we'll see if I keep this tuning.

There are three buttons on the back of my Blue Snark. They will allow you to calibrate the pitch with a tuning fork.
I was told the yellow and red hash marks on the meter represented 5cent intervals. The average ear can detect pitch variations of 5-6c. I understand there is 100c in a full tone ie C to D. That would mean 50c between C and C#?
http://www.snarktuners.com/contact-service

Top Bottom