Kala Watermelon Uke - has anyone played this?

katerdee

Reaction score
I saw some pics of the new Kala Watermelon the other day, and thought it was just too funny! Has anyone played it, or seen it in person? I'm wondering how durable it would be as a traveling uke, and also if it's difficult to hold while standing because of the arch in the back? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

I played the pineapple, which is the exact same uke underneath the paint. It's as durable as any other uke, easily replaceable, and sounds good for the price. Easier to hold while standing up than a Flea, too, but if it feels awkward for you then straps are cheap enough. I say go for it!

I saw some pics of the new Kala Watermelon the other day, and thought it was just too funny! Has anyone played it, or seen it in person? I'm wondering how durable it would be as a traveling uke, and also if it's difficult to hold while standing because of the arch in the back? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Leslie plays one on her vids. Check out her channel!

I played the pineapple, which is the exact same uke underneath the paint.
Presumably so is the Kiwi:

Kiwi_2.jpg

I've tried one of these before. It's a cool instrument, very flashy and stylish with its design, but I think they just sounded okay, and probably would not get one for myself unless it was at a very good price (then I might just get one for novelty value.) But then again, I'm biased and am not too big of a fan of sopranos...

And the instrument is durable. I'd say kalas in general are pretty durable. My friend and I abuse (well not like using it as a shovel, but you get the point) his Kala soprano all the time, and it still looks good as new.

Top Bottom