NEW UKE DAY (HMS) - Godin Multi-Uke and Kala Thinline electric tenor!

kissing

Reaction score
These arrived at my home in Australia just today.. and wow!
They are GREAT!

It has been a while since I've been so excited to play an ukulele.

The Godin Multi-uke really exceeded my expectations - both plugged in and not plugged in. I had expected it to be acoustically dead, but this thing is actually quite louder than one would expect from an electric instrument. The acoustic tone is actually very usable - a mellow, gentle tone with plenty of sustain. Of course it's not as punchy and loud as a regular acoustic, but definitely loud enough to entertain a small group in a house even without an amp! I would even record acoustically with a mic in the room!

But my uke-gasm did not end there. Once I plugged it into my Fender acoustic amp, this uke REALLY blew me away. Immediately upon playing it, there was an "explosion" of resonant, sweet tone that I've not experienced in any acoustic-electric or electric instrument I have owned before. Godin have an amazing preamp system that blends the tones of the strings together in a balanced and powerful way. It's like it enhances the musicality of anything I play on it! Just wow!
I think this is my new favourite uke!!

And of course, I can't let this go without mentioning the fantastic setup - the action is perfect, no buzzing, no imperfections. Just perfect for all kinds of playing!

But of course, I took advantage of HMS' free shipping for international orders over $800 and practically got the Kala Thinline Electric tenor added on.
This sleek tenor is also very very impressive!
So light, so little, so thin, yet it packs a "full" acoustic tone to take with me where I need a good solid acoustic instrument. The thin body gives it a quicker "attack' response to my playing, sorta like a flamenco guitar, and I really really love playing it. The B-band electronics, while not as flashy as the Godin, performs very well. It's surprising that such a high quality pickup system comes installed on such an affordable uke. I will be having many fun adventures out and beyond with this amazingly compact and versatile tenor uke.

Thank you very much HMS for your dedication and service!
I am one very very happy Uker!

Last edited:
Congratulations. It's wonderful when you uke acquisitions meet your expectations, awesome when they exceed it. :music:

Yay! I remember you mentioned them in the HMS thread. They look great! I would like to get a tenor one of these days, and an electric/acoustic would fit the bill.

I just got my HMS delivery on Wednesday. Now I'm at work, on lunch break, wishing I had my new pineapple with me. :(

Wow ... that is great ... so happy for you. I think I need to get an acoustic amp now myself ... thanks for the inspiration.

Wow ... that is great ... so happy for you. I think I need to get an acoustic amp now myself ... thanks for the inspiration.

Ah yea you need an amp. You have 3 beautiful Pono tenors with pick ups in them. Get on that would you so I can come over and play like a rock star.

Kissing.........congrats on your lovely new instruments and I am stealing the pharse uke-gasm, that is awesome. Stranger "How is your day going?", Me " It is uke-gasmic, thanks for asking".

I attend two different uke jams were lead players in both have a Godin, lots of love for that instrument. If I ever venture down the electric road I will be getting one of those. They are made in a small town in Quebec, Canada along with acoustic guitar lines of Seagull, Simon & Patrick and others. Very cool place with a great artistic vibe. Enjoy both of those fabulous new instruments.

Last edited:
Congrats on two sweet ukes! The Godin is one of my faves and it is definitely the best electric uke I've ever played, at any price point. And the Kala Thinlines are a LOT of fun.

Top Bottom