Got it - Pono Pro Classic ATSHC PC

Phuufme

Reaction score
Great uke! I have the same model just no slotted headstock, it really is a fantastic player!

that may be the next addition to the quiver.
only problem, i like the in person purchase for acquisition from hms.
thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

Great looking uke, congrats. You mentioned changing the strings. IMO Southcoast strings are the best I've found for myself. I like a wound 3&4 high tension. HML-RW's are incredible.

Beautiful instrument, congratulations. The Pono pro classics are a great value for such a top end uke, great wood choices, build quality and sound.

Gorgeous, congrats.

Great looking uke, congrats. You mentioned changing the strings. IMO Southcoast strings are the best I've found for myself. I like a wound 3&4 high tension. HML-RW's are incredible.

Thanks Patrick. I actually so far like the sound of the strings that came on the uke. I need to let time go by to see if that remains. So, my first assignment is to determine what strings came on the uke. The strings were yellow with a wound G string.

That's a pretty uke Steve! I was curious, what strings came on it?

Ko'olau Mahana Strings?

So, my first assignment is to determine what strings came on the uke. The strings were yellow with a wound G string.

Sounds like the Ko'olau Gold string set that, as far as I know, is mostly used for setup at the Pono factory.

Thanks Patrick. I actually so far like the sound of the strings that came on the uke. I need to let time go by to see if that remains. So, my first assignment is to determine what strings came on the uke. The strings were yellow with a wound G string.

Sorry, didn't see the yellow description. They are probably Ko'olau Golds with what looks like a wound C.

A lot of strings will sound good on your new uke. I figure most builders have a good idea what strings sound best on their ukes. I'd leave the strings on it alone, if you like the sound.

Sorry, didn't see the yellow description. They are probably Ko'olau Golds with what looks like a wound C.

A lot of strings will sound good on your new uke. I figure most builders have a good idea what strings sound best on their ukes. I'd leave the strings on it alone, if you like the sound.
Yes that is my plan. I will need to hear the sound amplified once the electronics are in. At our gigs, we run through either a Bose Compact or a Bose Classic (through mixer first), depending on the gig location and which band is playing. On my Cordoba I found I needed a 7 band equalizer that I had from a previous iteration to take out the "thump" of strumming the strings and also take out some highs. We will see what I need if anything with the Pono Pro Classic.

Congratulations.

I love the big bout:)

It must sound very warm with low G.

I agree. south Strings really amplify the Pro Classic beauty.

Congratulations. Nice looking uke.

As far as strings go, I think it would sound good even with WallyWorld fishing line. Have just put the Aquila Nygut 31U set (tuned CGDA) on my Pro Classic tenor and it rocks. Was thinking about getting the Pono Tenor Guitar just to have a nylon string tenor guitar to match against my steel string TG. The Pro Classic tenor uke sounds so good that I'll just keep multiple string sets available to match the mood, and right now CGDA is working fine.

Congratulations, I had this model, and it was a great player. I haven't been playing tenors for awhile, or I wouldn't have let it go.

Top Bottom