Gregoire Brayssing - Six Fantasias (re-intabulated for low-G ukulele)

UkeJordi

Reaction score
Herewith the six fantasias by Gregoire Brayssing (originally written for Four-course Renaissance guitar) in modern notation, accompanied by tab for the low-G ukulele. The music is directly re-intabulated from the original source: Quart Livre de Tabulature de Guiterre, Adrian Leroy & Robert Ballard (Eds.), Paris, 1553.

http://www.scoreexchange.com/scores/162198.html

Although it is possible to play straight from the original edition, they are notated in French tablature and it is not so easy for those used to modern ukulele tab. There are several transcriptions around, but some have copying errors or even spurious additions. Hence, I have tried to make a transcription as close to the original as possible, which can be easily played by me and others on the uke. The music is wonderful and deserves to be better known.

Thank you very much to both of you for your very kind comments.

Valery: I have just heard your interperetations of the fantasias playing the ren. guitar and they are just wonderful. You play with very clear style reveling the counterpoint of the music and at the same time with such feeling! I only wish one day I could learn to play half as good as this.

I have some questions about the lute, since I am also interested to play lute and I am looking for a suitable "student" instrument. I have some questions. Can please I write to you on the private channel to ask you for some advice?

Kindest regards

Jordi

Last edited:
Top Bottom