Why is it? ... and then two came along

Kevs-the-name

Reaction score
Not sure weather to laugh or cry!

I just managed to acquire a lovely looking electro/acoustic Mainland, red cedar Long neck Pineapple from ebay...
Ive been watching and debating for a little while now, finally pulled the plug.

THEN, 'BOOM'

...after the payment screen; 'Concert size Magic Fluke FLEA'
this is what I really wanted!!! (great price too)

Ive got some explaining to do to the 'boss' I had to buy it!

It looks like there my be a couple of Ukes up for sale as part of my one in one out policy

I understand why "had" to buy it.

When the uke you've been searching for weeks/months to find comes up for sale at a good price and you have the cash, you do have to get it.

But don't try explaining that to the 'boss'.

We are surrounded by a sea of ukuleles and you never know what will washup with the tide. When the ONE appears best to grab it while you can. Regarding the "boss" it is always better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

too be fair, the 'one' rarely comes up (especially used) and are very hard to find in the UK as new..
Yup, I had to grab it.
it just means some jiggery pokery to 'make them fit'

Annoyingly, The Pineapple was second on the list out of the two, probably would not have purchased it if I had known...(it'll probably turn out to be a favourite!)

Stand up on your two feet like a man and don't tell her. Maybe she won't notice them. Or tell her you found them in your car. :eek:ld:

We are surrounded by a sea of ukuleles and you never know what will washup with the tide. When the ONE appears best to grab it while you can.
Regarding the "boss" it is always better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
Regarding the boss it is better to know when it is better to ask for forgiveness or permission.

Hey I know this UAS thing is contagious but is it fatal?

Maybe it was a gift from work, in recognition of your tireless devotion… I hope you paid cash (untraceable).

When it rains, it pours! Enjoy!

Stand up on your two feet like a man and don't tell her. Maybe she won't notice them.

A motorcyclist I heard about buys all his bikes in black. As long as the colour doesn't change his wife doesn't notice there's a new bike in the shed.

Regarding the boss it is better to know when it is better to ask for forgiveness or permission.

Hey I know this UAS thing is contagious but is it fatal?

I guess what I really meant was I just buy what I want when I want and deal with whatever fall out there might be. I am fortunate my wife has no problems with any of this. I encourage her to buy all the shoes, purses and clothing she wants, goes both ways.

@Kevs-the-name

Enjoy your new treasures. Nice to make a big score on two that you like and want, congrats.

Last edited:
Stand up on your two feet like a man and don't tell her. Maybe she won't notice them. Or tell her you found them in your car. :eek:ld:

Yes, you need to learn to keep it a bit discrete for a while and when the inevitable "I don't remember that one" does come, be ready with the "Oh! I've had it for ages" reply.

I'm always being accused of sneaking things in.

"Wot? Not me guv" :)

Last edited:
Kev, you deserve some great ukes. Last time I saw you your playing had come on leaps and bounds. The bit of Jake you played sounded really impressive.
Enjoy them! You know how much I believe in ukes bringing joy!

Regarding the "boss" it is always better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined this may vary from boss to boss. Readers are strongly encouraged to test the waters with a small purchase before swinging for the fence. With certain bosses, uke purchases lacking pre-authorization may be forcefully inserted into, uhum, uncomfortable places within the purchaser's body. Making the new uke not only impossible to play, but very difficult to sell, too. ;-)

Yes, you need to learn to keep it a bit discrete for a while and when the inevitable "I don't remember that one" does come, be ready with the "Oh! I've had it for ages" reply.

I'm always being accused of sneaking things in.

"Wot? Not me guv" :)

My family came from Northern England, so I must have inherited this trait. :D

I meet the mail carrier outside on new uke day. I walk to the side door of the garage, pull the ukulele out of the box, throw the box in the bin and walk in the house playing something obnoxious. Ha ha! Another successful mission!

In reality, everyone inside heard the mail truck, saw me walk outside and was waiting for me to come through the garage with a new uke.

Top Bottom