New Player Having Fun

ChasGrav

Reaction score
Hi All -

I'm an older guy who's been playing all kinds of music for about fifty years, and just discovered the uke. (I had unused guitar pedals to trade, and saw ukes on the music store wall). So I traded for a Kala KA-PWT (laminate walnut), and LOVE it! Of course I quickly discovered the GREAT WEALTH of information and tabs on the web, and I'm hooked.

Naturally, acquisition syndrome kicked in quickly, and I'm now awaiting delivery of a solid mahogany tenor, the Kala KA-SMHT. I'll probably keep the PWT, and maybe string it low, (although my son has been eyeing it pretty closely).

This site looks awesome, and it's amazing to me to see the level of activity here. I plan to be a regular.

Cheers!
Charlie

Welcome to UU, Charlie, glad you joined in. Lots of us ex-guitar player here. Sounds like Uke Aquisition Syndrome (UAS) may have gotten you!

Concert is a fun size to play, so is soprano and baritone too! (just saying :rolleyes: )

Enjoy and keep us posted

Yep. Another guitar player who discovered the Uke. I'd been a singer/guitarist for 40 years or more then this guy at a gig pulls out a Uke. I'd never really even looked at one before, but I went home, stuck a capo on the fifth fret of one of my guitars, messed about for hours, then the next day went out and bought a Kala Arch top, the first of many great little Ukes I now own. Poor old guitars don't get much of a look in any more. I do love my ukes. Welcome to UU. Plenty happening here, all the time.

Mainly coz when a lot of you guys are sleeping, I'm awake and vice versa, so we got it covered 24/7.

Last edited:
Welcome to UU Chas. About this UAS thing: remember one thing. It is not cheaper than therapy. More fun though!

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. I have the Kala solid mahogany cutaway with a pickup that I bought for my "blues uke." I have some mellow low g's on it with wound 3 and 4. That walnut with Aquilas would sure take care of the high register. Good luck.

Welcome to UU - this is a great site full of information. I hope your son also ends up with a ukulele and learns to play, because I believe ukulele makes the world a better place. :shaka:

Top Bottom