FS: Pili Koko Acacia Tenor with Tortoise Shell Binding - $250

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovejito

Reaction score
FS: Pili Koko Acacia Tenor with Tortoise Shell Binding - SOLD

Selling my Pili Koko Tenor with faux tortoise shell binding. As far as I know these were a limited edition run. Saw a fellow UU member post some pictures of one sometime ago, and decided to write Jason to see if he had any more. Lucky me he did!

This is my second Pili Koko Tenor, I am only selling this one because I don't have a concert size right now, and I've been missing it. I've been looking for a Pono concert, but have also had my eye on a Koaloha concert, so someone has got to go.

Have only had her since August, and she's barely been played. In the pictures she has Worths on, but I put Fremont Blacklines on her about a 3 days ago. Has the upgraded bone nut and saddle. Comes with padded gigbag.

I forgot to add the piece of paper with UU Ovejito and date on it. I'll put one up tomorrow evening.

$250 shipped to the continental US payable via Paypal. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF1104.jpg
    DSCF1104.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF1107.jpg
    DSCF1107.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF1109.jpg
    DSCF1109.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF1113.jpg
    DSCF1113.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF1114.jpg
    DSCF1114.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Yeah, those things disappeared before I even knew they existed. Gorgeous. I'm a concert man myself.

Pretty. I would have purchased this model if I knew they existed. I got the basic cutaway tenor with the bone upgrade and liking her better and better each time I play her. I did not care for the deluxe but yours does not have too much bling and is just beautiful.
Someone is going to be very lucky!

Just a quick cell phone pic with UU info and date. Yep, she's a beauty, wouldn't be selling her if I weren't trying to make room for a concert! I'm not a fan of too much bling myself. :)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Those were most likely the pictures that I posted of my KPK with tortoise binding, I see we have similar taste as I also don't like to much bling.....sound hole area is fine as such I had ordered a tenor with mahogany binding and unfortunately after waiting for inventory to be done by Jason it appeared there wasn't one available this was right after Christmas/New Years.So Jason offered me a choice of a couple styles that we're not usually available because they were of some special orders that are not on a regular schedule of being manufactured and might not be again. I also someday would like to have a Kohalo and also a Mahogany Pono but probably will be hanging on to my Koa Pili Koko.

Yep. I love my Pili Kokos. I'm keeping the first Tenor I bought, but selling this one. Where this one is definitely more unique being that it sounds like there aren't very many around, I'm emotionally attached to my first. :) Had a concert size Pili Koko at one time, and I sold it! Worst mistake ever. You got me thinking about how much I loved that uke. May have to skip on the Pono and Koaloha and just get one of those instead, and just hold on to all that cash!

Just hold out until you have the cash, here ill make up your mind for you......
Last night im seriously considering buying your uke why??? Simple ....
One high G one low G
Patience my friend.
Buy the Pono after Christmas.

Last edited:
:D As it is now, I have 3 tenors. Two Pili Koko's with a high G and a Pono with a low G. The Pili Koko I'm keeping is very used and broken in. Really and truly, I saw the pictures of yours, saw that Tortoise shell binding and said, "I must have!", though I didn't really need it. If I didn't have my Pono I'd probably keep it and put a low G on it as you said. But I'd like to keep the Pono since it has a different sound, cedar top, ebony back and sides. So, even if I didn't want a concert, I'd probably still sell her since shes not getting played very much. And waiting till after Christmas is a good idea, since it will probably take me that long to make up my mind!

Yep your in a predicament mabe buy the Koaloha then you have one of each?
Myself I'm trying to also figure out my next move, I want the low G for the lower tone and that might just be a quality mahogany laminate that I can take out with me camping for now not sure. Actually thinking of a Eleuke to utilize some of the left over amps and spare drum sets the kids left, it just dawn on me recently that I have a couple empty bedrooms that I could go make noise in.....its been over a year I don't think there coming back for awhile. Have to repurpose before they show up though. Good luck with your sale someones going to get a cool uke. I know I got the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom