PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele-related dreams/goals?

g'est
10-27-2014, 10:42 PM
I was wondering, how many of you have ukulele related dreams or goals? :)

For example, do you have a skill level you want to get to or maybe a ukulele you have been working towards?

I haven't been playing ukulele for too long yet, but I recently decided that when I finish law school, I'll fly to Hawaii (which is on the other side of the world), go to HMS and try every ukulele they have and buy the one I like the most. :D I expect I'll be spending at least a couple of days in the store! :rolleyes:

I'd love to hear some of your goals/dreams!

Sabantien
10-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Mostly just my ability to play.

I can strum along to most things right now, but I want more than that. I want to be able to move further down the fret, I want to be able to fingerpick, and well, maybe even be able to sing along, that one might be tough. ;)

No desire to be any sort of professional musician, just play stuff I like, and maybe even write a few songs (I've done a few guitar and one uke song... they're pretty awful).

DownUpDave
10-28-2014, 12:38 AM
Hey g'est I really like your goal about spending two full days inside HMS. I am going to steal that one for myself.........;)

My goals have been playing related coupled with buying certain ukes when I hit these playing goals. In 6 months of playing I have come much farther than I expected but I do practice and play alot. I have 14 songs memorized that I can sing and play by heart. A present goal is finger picking and I am working on two of those songs in finger picking style. I will be starting lessons, I have it narrowed down to one of two teachers, both of whom I like. I would like to perform more in public, have done that twice already.

As I have hit certain playing levels I have purchased specific ukues that are on my dream list. I have a custom on order which won't be ready till Dec 2015 that will force me to really strengthen my skills to feel like I deserve to own it. That is a good way to keep me practicing and improving as oppossed to spending too much time HERE which I already do :rolleyes:But hey all of this here keeps the passion and excitement burning too.

g'est
10-28-2014, 12:51 AM
My goals have been playing related coupled with buying certain ukes when I hit these playing goals. In 6 months of playing I have come much farther than I expected but I do practice and play alot. I have 14 songs memorized that I can sing and play by heart. A present goal is finger picking and I am working on two of those songs in finger picking style.

As I have hit certain playing levels I have purchased specific ukues that are on my dream list. I have a custom on order which won't be ready till Dec 2015 that will force me to really strengthen my skills to feel like I deserve to own it. That is a good way to keep me practicing and improving as oppossed to spending too much time HERE which I already do :rolleyes:But hey all of this here keeps the passion and excitement burning too.

Cool! What's your favorite of the songs you've learned so far? I'm always looking for new song ideas.

Also, which custom are you getting?

KaraUkey
10-28-2014, 01:04 AM
To get as many people as possible to play a Ukulele. Get one, play one, do it now. Don't die with the music in you. Come to a Strumfest, join a group, just do it, do it, do it. If you need help just ask anybody here. Let's call it the Uke rebellion. We can talk about it here, the other U does stand for Underground, right? Sssssshhhh.

Jim Hanks
10-28-2014, 01:21 AM
I have a goal of writing, recording, and producing enough uke-based songs to release an album on Bandcamp - hopefully in 2015.

cdkrugjr
10-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Step 1: Win the lottery

I'll figure out the details after that . . .

DownUpDave
10-28-2014, 01:31 AM
Cool! What's your favorite of the songs you've learned so far? I'm always looking for new song ideas.

Also, which custom are you getting?

I am 57 years old so my song choice has been classic rock type songs. I do have a soft spot for The Beatles and my favourite song at the present is "When I'm 64". Being Canadian I love Neil Young and Gordon Lightfoot so I will be looking at learning some of their songs, hence the need for finger picking. I do love the oldies as well, Five foot Two, Singing in the Rain, Baby Face etc., etc. Just sounds so good on a uke

One of the best sites for songs is "Dr. Uke", contains over 1500 songs. Each one has an audio track of him singing and playing, fully printable song sheets with chords AND a version with chord diagrams. A number of these songs have the baritone version as well.

KaraUkey
10-28-2014, 01:35 AM
I have a goal of writing, recording, and producing enough uke-based songs to release an album on Bandcamp - hopefully in 2015.
Sounds like a great goal. How do you define uke-based?

g'est
10-28-2014, 01:38 AM
One of the best site for songs is "Dr. Uke", contains over 1500 songs. Each one has an audio track of him singing and play, fully printable song sheets with chords AND a version with chord diagrams.

Thanks, that's great! :)

And speaking of classic rock, how good is that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVzbiErcgh4

g'est
10-28-2014, 01:40 AM
To get as many people as possible to play a Ukulele. Get one, play one, do it now. Don't die with the music in you. Come to a Strumfest, join a group, just do it, do it, do it. If you need help just ask anybody here.

I'm glad to say I share you enthusiasm!

KaraUkey
10-28-2014, 02:30 AM
Thanks, that's great! :)

And speaking of classic rock, how good is that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVzbiErcgh4
Very cool guys. I love it.

Freeda
10-28-2014, 02:32 AM
Recording a kids album.

RAB11
10-28-2014, 02:48 AM
Like Jim, I'd love to write and record an album's worth of songs to put on Bandcamp, Soundcloud etc.

At the moment I'm well known-ish around open mic circles here in Portsmouth. Many people in those circles have friends and contacts around the bigger local music scene here, which is a pretty good one for such a small place. Thoughout the year there's always fairs, mini-festivals, charity gigs at pubs, where local talent provide the tunes. I'd love to be asked to do some of those things, not for exposure, just for more opportunity to play live and also a vindication that playing live at an open mic is slightly different to being asked to play somewhere. This year I had a half-hour set at a charity night in a pub that was vastly disorganised and I ended up going on straight after an hour of free jukebox time. Went as well as you'd expect. Then later in the year I was asked, along with a bunch of other people, to help out last-minute at an acoustic tent at the Portsmouth Summer Fair. I was on towards the end of the day and people had lost interest in that stage by that point. Plus the uke's sound doesn't carry very well outside so I was playing to three people, all of them friends. My ambition is to get a slot on the main 'pedal-powered' stage at that fair next year though. And a few other gigs.

IamNoMan
10-28-2014, 02:52 AM
I wish to master the Key of F all the way down the neck. I wish to master the various Formsby Styles. I want to competently accompany my self while singing G&S' "Modern Major General. I wish to place higher than 4th place At Clifftop; playing Ukulele in one of the String band Competitions.

My brother-in-law Paul Slonaker had a Stroke on August 15. The only musical instrument he has ever played is the musical saw. He is just starting to talk again. I want to do a Ukulele duet video with him on the Seasons of the Ukulele. I bought him a Ukulele yesterday.

KaraUkey
10-28-2014, 02:52 AM
Like Jim, I'd love to write and record an album's worth of songs to put on Bandcamp, Soundcloud etc.

At the moment I'm well known-ish around open mic circles here in Portsmouth. Many people in those circles have friends and contacts around the bigger local music scene here, which is a pretty good one for such a small place. Thoughout the year there's always fairs, mini-festivals, charity gigs at pubs, where local talent provide the tunes. I'd love to be asked to do some of those things, not for exposure, just for more opportunity to play live and also a vindication that playing live at an open mic is slightly different to being asked to play somewhere. This year I had a half-hour set at a charity night in a pub that was vastly disorganised and I ended up going on straight after an hour of free jukebox time. Went as well as you'd expect. Then later in the year I was asked, along with a bunch of other people, to help out last-minute at an acoustic tent at the Portsmouth Summer Fair. I was on towards the end of the day and people had lost interest in that stage by that point. Plus the uke's sound doesn't carry very well outside so I was playing to three people, all of them friends. My ambition is to get a slot on the main 'pedal-powered' stage at that fair next year though. And a few other gigs.
Have you thought of staring your own group. You get to play whatever you want to play and probably help a lot of other Uke newbies get started as well.

PhilUSAFRet
10-28-2014, 03:32 AM
Love to find another old fart that loves ukes and would want to be my "uke buddy." A bit optimistic, but would like to find several and start a regular geriatric string band.

Ukejenny
10-28-2014, 04:12 AM
I have an onward and upward approach. Keep playing, keep enjoying, keep learning. I'd love to play finger style well enough to play songs and them sound very nice. I love listening to Kimo Hussey and that style of playing. I'd like to be able to do a bit of that.

I also want to keep the Ukulele Band of Alabama, our little club, going and keep the Alabama Uke Fest going. We are all having a lot of fun. It is a great group of people.

RAB11
10-28-2014, 04:37 AM
Have you thought of staring your own group. You get to play whatever you want to play and probably help a lot of other Uke newbies get started as well.

There is one already where I live apparently. Never been as the idea of a uke club never really appealed to me. Each to their own though. I'd much rather be in a band at the minute. Either an all-uke band or a bit of a mix, either way.

ChasGrav
10-28-2014, 04:39 AM
I'm a new player, but have been playing other instruments for many years. My goal is simply to enjoy myself, and transfer as much of my knowledge over to uke as possible. So far, it's been a blast ---- so intuitive, easy to play, and fun!

I'm astounded by the wealth of information and tabs on the web. I've not seen so many quality PDF files of tabs for ANY other instrument, or the energy and excitement. So glad I joined the Underground!

g'est
10-28-2014, 05:12 AM
Seems like we have lots of albums to look forward to! :D That's great, music library on my laptop plays on shuffle all the time and it's always great when a ukulele song comes up...so the more the better!

Preacher
10-28-2014, 05:30 AM
The simple goal is to learn to play well enough to be confident enough to play in front of other people. I'm a long way from that right now. Another goal is to get a custom uke made (though that might be more of a financial issue than a uke-related goal). Finally, I want to start a local uke club because there is nothing close by. All of these things are a ways off.

saiyr
10-28-2014, 07:22 AM
My goal is to be the next Jake Shimabukuro, and my deadline is tomorrow. :D

Actually, I'm really interested in picking up how Kimo Hussey plays (and I am pretty jealous if the person who ran into him at HMS!). I also like Corey Fujimoto's style a lot. It's really awesome that someone arranged some of the pieces Corey did and HMS put them on their website. My immediate goals are to practice fingerstyle a lot and learn a variety of techniques. Hopefully I get good enough to play in front of others, too...and hopefully I have the memory to hold more than one song in my repertoire!

stevepetergal
10-28-2014, 08:08 AM
I want to be like Jake.

actadh
10-28-2014, 08:17 AM
My 89 year old mother is starting to decline in health both physically and mentally. I am learning songs from her era so that when she is nonverbal, we can still communicate through music.

sukie
10-28-2014, 09:12 AM
I achieved my first ukulele goal this summer. My goal was to audition for the Star Fair talent contest. Really, the goal was to just audition. Of course that changed to passing the audition. And I did!!!! I did not think for one second I could win the whole competition. I did want to win my night, but that did not happen. Far from it. But it was a really, really fun year's worth of prep.

I am struggling right now with finding a new goal. I think it will be to write a song to perform at UWC 7. Since I only fingerpick this will be another struggle. But a good struggle.

estreya
10-28-2014, 10:42 AM
G'est, that sounds like a wonderful way to reward yourself for getting through what must, at times, feel like quite a slog.

Actadh, such a poignant post. Blessings to you both.

ohmless
10-28-2014, 10:53 AM
I have my basic goals met in having some competency and basic equipment for youtubeing. My current 4 month or so away goals are to be much more familiar with this awesome book I bought called "Jumpin' Jim's '60's uke-in" and to have bought my first electric uke+amp. I also need to focus more on learning more complex rhythms...

Ukuleleblues
10-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Sometimes I'll walk past a joint and say I want to play there. Might be a cool Gazebo in a park, a nice coffee shop, a pretty spot in a park. Then I wangle my way into it. Just got to be persistent. Sometimes I visualize it before it happens, kind of like a weird uke window into the future. When I get the Uke friendly feeling from a place it just kind of happens.

wrestlingmatt51
10-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Lots of goals in the skills department! I want to improve my entire life. In the short term I am developing a fuller repertoire for live gigs for both solo and when I play with a piano player friend. I want to gig a lot more in the next year. I'm also trying to improve and grow my youtube channel all the time.

IamNoMan
10-28-2014, 12:06 PM

At the moment I'm well known-ish around open mic circles...Thoughout the year there's always fairs, mini-festivals, charity gigs at pubs, where local talent provide the tunes. I'd love to be asked to do some of those things, not for exposure, just for more opportunity to play live and also a vindication that playing live at an open mic is slightly different to being asked to play somewhere.Start networking to broaden your public profile outside of the circles you currently play in.Visit your local hospitals as a strolling troubadour in the wards.The Hospital Staff generally appreciate this as being good for morale. Hospital Staffers do volunteer work in other areas outside of work. When they need an entertainer for these events they will remember you and ask you to perform. About twice a month should get you enough exposure here.

The local Library is good for broadening your profile. Volunteer to work booksales and community events and take your uke along. I sell books and make hot dogs. There is plenty of time to play a little and get noticed by the "non-musical" patrons. Volunteer to sing carols for the kids Christmas parties. The Children's Librarian is a good ally and will pass performing opportunities your way.

g'est
10-28-2014, 01:24 PM
G'est, that sounds like a wonderful way to reward yourself for getting through what must, at times, feel like quite a slog.

Actadh, such a poignant post. Blessings to you both.

Yeah, law school can sometimes be quite exhausting. Ukulele really helps to balance it out!

And I agree, Actadh, what you're doing is really sweet!

Fred Ukestone
10-28-2014, 02:17 PM
I hope to someday reach Jon's (Eugene Ukulele/Hippy Dribble) skill level in music arrangement and Pabrizzer's level of 'soul'. These two talented people are the reason I joined UU.

Jim Hanks
10-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a great goal. How do you define uke-based?
Just that I'm trying to use the ukes to take the place of other chording instruments like guitars or keyboards. Not exclusively though. I still use many instruments (many software-based) in my productions. I have a few songs already posted to soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/jim-hanks) if you're curious

Jim Hanks
10-28-2014, 04:23 PM
My 89 year old mother is starting to decline in health both physically and mentally. I am learning songs from her era so that when she is nonverbal, we can still communicate through music.
Now that's a good one. Props!

IamNoMan
10-28-2014, 05:01 PM
My 89 year old mother is starting to decline in health both physically and mentally. I am learning songs from her era so that when she is nonverbal, we can still communicate through music.I'll bet your mom knows "Heart of my Heart" and "How much is that doggy in the window" They are easy to learn.

g'est
10-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I have a few songs already posted to soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/jim-hanks) if you're curious

Nice! I listened to some of your songs, they sounded like a soundtrack of an indie movie! :)

KaraUkey
10-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Just that I'm trying to use the ukes to take the place of other chording instruments like guitars or keyboards. Not exclusively though. I still use many instruments (many software-based) in my productions. I have a few songs already posted to soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/jim-hanks) if you're curious
Great music. Love some of those cooool jazz sounds.

Redeyejedi
10-29-2014, 12:03 PM
someday,i hope to be able to hypnotize turtles. yea that, and score with ladies at the campsite.
or just play songs i like for people who just need a little musical medication.

Nickie
10-29-2014, 01:13 PM
1. To keep improving at finger pickin'. I did three songs at our open mic, and even though I messed them up, people enjoyed them.
2. To learn to be okay with stage fright.
3. To start a new jam session for my club, in the eves.
4. To get into Harps for Healing school, and graduate as a Music Clinician.
5. To start a "Ukes for Kids" program here, and give sick kids ukuleles, and teach em a song.
6. To go to Hawaii and pick out a real Hawaiian uke to bring home!

That should keep me busy for a decade or so.....

Jim Hanks
10-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Nice! I listened to some of your songs, they sounded like a soundtrack of an indie movie! :)
Thanks, I think. :p

Great music. Love some of those cooool jazz sounds.
Smoooooooooth. :cool:

uke4ia
10-29-2014, 04:01 PM
My current ukulele dreams are to someday be able to play:

1. "Pirates" by Emerson Lake & Palmer

2. "Peaches en Regallia" by Zappa

3. anything at all by the Dixie Dregs

IamNoMan
10-29-2014, 04:48 PM
"Peaches and Regalia" I like that idea.

@RedeyeJedi: Just buying the uke improved my standing with the ladies at the campsight. It wasn't my dashing good looks, that's for sure.

@Nickie: Two things to help with stage fright: 1. Try to become comfortable with the notion of making a fool of yourself on stage. 2. Stage fright is just adrenaline. Work at channeling it into your fingers not your head. I think the audiences in the open mikes are so appreciative has to do with the fact that they aren't musicians and don't know any better or they are musicians and have been there so often themselves that they empathize.

RAB11
10-29-2014, 09:06 PM
2. To learn to be okay with stage fright.

Only cure for that is to keep playing live. :p

bonesoup
10-30-2014, 01:20 AM

Wow. That's an amazing idea. Good on ya.

My goal is to improve as a player. I also want to try busking. I used to perform, but that was indoors and people were there to see music. I've never had the nerve to expose myself to the elements and random people on the street.

uke4ia
10-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Only cure for that is to keep playing live. :p

Another cure for stage fright is beta blockers. After I had a heart attack, I had to start taking beta blockers, which inhibit the body's production of adrenaline. When I got back to playing in front of audiences, I found I had less problem with stage fright then before. I thought this was some big accomplishment on my part in being a musician. Then I realized that the real reason I'd overcome the stage fright was that I was now medicated to prevent anxiety.

sam13
10-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Love to find another old fart that loves ukes and would want to be my "uke buddy." A bit optimistic, but would like to find several and start a regular geriatric string band.

There must be somebody in the area Phil. I met Dave my good friend and uke buddy right here on UU. Having a uke buddy helps make this crazy journey more enjoyable.

Chopped Liver
10-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Well, I'd like to find time to play everyday so I can learn the chords.

I'd like to take a few lessons from a local teacher if I find more time.

I want to learn to finger pick so I can play classical music on my uke(s).

I want to learn to play Christmas music so I can relax and enjoy myself this Christmas.

I want to be good enough to play my uke at church for the kids to sing with for VBS in July.

I'd like to one day play an offertory at church on the uke.

My main goal right now is to live to finish this year of seminary and graduate on May 16, 2015!

My most immediate goal is to get off of this computer and study for my Greek exam tomorrow night. Not looking good right now . . .

PTOEguy
10-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Another cure for stage fright is beta blockers. After I had a heart attack, I had to start taking beta blockers, which inhibit the body's production of adrenaline. When I got back to playing in front of audiences, I found I had less problem with stage fright then before. I thought this was some big accomplishment on my part in being a musician. Then I realized that the real reason I'd overcome the stage fright was that I was now medicated to prevent anxiety.

I had a music teacher (french horn player) that talked about that - it was studied in horn playing journals and he said it helped a lot for major horn solos in symphonies.

IamNoMan
10-30-2014, 05:15 PM
"If it wasn't for real bad health, I wouldn't have no health at all" I require lots of medications. I wish I didn't but there you have it. I am on at least two betablockers at present one has deleterious effects on my liver and kidneys. The other doesn't. There are better ways to deal with stage fright than messing up your liver.

ubulele
10-30-2014, 05:55 PM
I once had a dream where Kathy Griffin was a mermaid playing ukulele in the middle of IKEA. She showed me a snow globe of a llama visiting the Lincoln Memorial.

IamNoMan
10-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Are you off your meds again?

Mim
10-31-2014, 01:51 AM
I have goals as a dealer, and goals as a player:

As a player, it has changed somewhat, but I want to have memorized a good solid 10 song set in multiple musical interests for different performance locations and places.
What I play locally at Dogtown (a local bar) is way different from what I play locally at the Country Store (a historically Bluegrass/Folk/Country location).
What I play for my annual gig for the Senior Citizens Association meeting is WAY different from what I play at Ukulele World Congress! (No Eminem for the Senior Citizens)
So, the hope it to have about 40-50 songs memorized eventually and be able to pull a set out at any time at any moments notice.
But that has changed recently, before I just wanted to play more. Now, I realize I need to buckle down and memorize if I want people to ask me to play for things.
The funny thing is, it is a lot of work for gigs where I get paid nothing or pot-luck lunch, but it really it just for fun and my own personal goals and enjoyment.

As a dealer I had been simply wanting to offer Kamakas for forever. From when I started. Met that goal this year. So, now the goal is to make my website awesome.
Doing little bits at a time because websites and graphics are not my forte! :)

sukie
10-31-2014, 03:26 AM
I had a flute player tell me this, also. I have horrible stage fright. How does one to about getting them? I asked my doctor for some and was told no.

Rllink
10-31-2014, 05:22 AM
My ultimate goal is to play in public, and I have actually set a time and place. I will be playing Puerto Rican Plena at the San Sebastian Festival on January 15th, 16th, and the 17th. Our condo is on San Sebastian, and our neighbor is a drummer. He hauls his drums out in the street for the festival, and friends, relatives, and whoever else wants to join in, sing and play Plena music all evening for people passing by. Last year he drew such big crowds that the street was blocked with people. His brother-in-law plays the guitar and has given me the chords, so I'm getting ready for that. Last year I played a drum. I'll hopefully go rogue as well and belt out some 60s, 70s, and 80s rock and roll in between, we will see how much liquid courage I am able to muster.

As far as my overall ukulele playing is concerned, I play every day, and every day I just want to get a little better. Poco a poco, as they say here, little by little. I think that is the key to success. Stay the course, practice, and just let it grow. Enjoy the journey. I am not the type to hurry things. I have the rest of my life to learn how to play the ukulele, and I intend to do just that.

Rllink
10-31-2014, 05:24 AM
I had a flute player tell me this, also. I have horrible stage fright. How does one to about getting them? I asked my doctor for some and was told no.Rum and Coke will do the same thing, and you don't need a prescription. :)

wickedwahine11
10-31-2014, 05:50 AM
Yeah, law school can sometimes be quite exhausting. Ukulele really helps to balance it out!

And I agree, Actadh, what you're doing is really sweet!

I wish I had played the uke when I was in law school! ;)

I just want to learn enough music theory and the fretboard well enough to improvise solo.

g'est
10-31-2014, 05:54 AM
I wish I had played the uke when I was in law school! ;)

The problem with that is that I should be studying for a test, but ...I'm here! :rolleyes: I've been alternating between law and ukulele all day today!

sukie
10-31-2014, 06:44 AM
Rum and Coke will do the same thing, and you don't need a prescription. :)

Ever seen me Uke and drink? You don't wanna.

bonesoup
10-31-2014, 07:03 AM
My ultimate goal is to play in public, and I have actually set a time and place. I will be playing Puerto Rican Plena at the San Sebastian Festival on January 15th, 16th, and the 17th. Our condo is on San Sebastian, and our neighbor is a drummer. He hauls his drums out in the street for the festival, and friends, relatives, and whoever else wants to join in, sing and play Plena music all evening for people passing by. Last year he drew such big crowds that the street was blocked with people. His brother-in-law plays the guitar and has given me the chords, so I'm getting ready for that. Last year I played a drum. I'll hopefully go rogue as well and belt out some 60s, 70s, and 80s rock and roll in between, we will see how much liquid courage I am able to muster.

This sounds amazing. With that kind of vibe, and feeling, and the energy and music you're going to be transmitting to the people. Have someone shoot a short video from above if you can. I'd like to see it.

ohmless
10-31-2014, 08:14 AM
it is not unheard of for psychiatrists to write for a beta blocker for anxiety issues.

IamNoMan
10-31-2014, 05:00 PM
As a player, it has changed somewhat, but I want to have memorized a good solid 10 song set in multiple musical interests for different performance locations and places.
What I play locally at Dogtown (a local bar) is way different from what I play locally at the Country Store (a historically Bluegrass/Folk/Country location).
What I play for my annual gig for the Senior Citizens Association meeting is WAY different from what I play at Ukulele World Congress! (No Eminem for the Senior Citizens)
So, the hope it to have about 40-50 songs memorized eventually and be able to pull a set out at any time at any moments notice.
But that has changed recently, before I just wanted to play more. Now, I realize I need to buckle down and memorize if I want people to ask me to play for things.Hello Mim. I look forward to meeting you at your shop when I get to your neck of the woods.

I understand your musical goals but I am curious as to how you are planning to implement them. Are you thinking of a 40 minute set and encore, Or two 25 minute sets and encore. Or three 15 minute sets (encore included). Or....

My ultimate goal is to play in public, and I have actually set a time and place. I will be playing Puerto Rican Plena at the San Sebastian Festival on January 15th, 16th, and the 17th.This sounds like an excellent goal. Setting the time frame the way you have should really keep you focused. I look forward to hearing the post-op report and your insights on how you achieved your goal.

Using drugs to enhance your performance skills sets you on a very slippery slope. Anyone contemplating this should indeed consult with a psychiatrist, not because I think your crazy but because psychiatrists have the right skill sets to evaluate the situation. I think a better approach to the anxiety problems might be hypnosis.