This Wicked Wahine stopped by...

That's why we all gotta go to HMS in Haleiwa when Corey is there... not to interfere
with his managing of the store, but to hear him play during the 'down' times.

Last Summer, a couple of his band members came in while visitors from Taiwan
were shopping for ukes and sooo there was a mini concert, and the female teachers from Taiwan loved it. They esp loved Corey! :) Took many pictures.

HMS is a magical place with Aaron and Corey and other elves/Menehunes :)

Thanks for sharing Corey and Andrew!

Mahalo, Brah!

Andrew (and Corey) I can't thank you enough! We only had a couple of days in Oahu on this trip but I can't think of a better way to have spent one of them. I think my uke would probably have rather stayed with Corey after seeing how it is SUPPOSED to sound. :)

It was great live but I really treasure being able to see it now whenever I want. The first song was beautiful, the second was deeply sentimental to my mom and I, and the third was just ridiculous! Please thank Corey for me for playing Europa for my mom, I could see she was tearing up as he did and it meant the world to her.

PS - Dana if you see this, those are your Savarez strings with the Cantiga low g that you recommended.

Thank you for that great demonstration of ukulele playing and sharing a fine ukulele. Am interested in the strings, is the Cantiga low g a classical guitar string? If I string my Koaloha Tenor like this will I play that well? Just kidding!

Thank you for that great demonstration of ukulele playing and sharing a fine ukulele. Am interested in the strings, is the Cantiga low g a classical guitar string? If I string my Koaloha Tenor like this will I play that well? Just kidding!

Yep, the Cantiga is a Savarez guitar string. The other three in this set are Savarez Alliance red series.

Ohhhhhhhhh. Oh, my. Oh, my my. That is really something, both the uke and the playing!

Don't mean to belabor the point but do you use Savarez Alliance Reds, made for concert and soprano, on your tenor?

Really nice Andrew! And Corey! Mahalo for sharing.

Don't mean to belabor the point but do you use Savarez Alliance Reds, made for concert and soprano, on your tenor?

Hi, the ones I used are Savarez 540R Alliance Classical Guitar Strings, Standard Tension, Red Card, not the uke set the classical guitar ones.

Going to try those strings on my MB. Which strings in the set did you use?

DKcrown turned me on to them - I think it was the 541 for A, 542 for E, 543 for C and Cantiga for low g. The Alliance are prevalent, even on Amazon, but I think I got the Cantiga on Stringsbymail, it was tough to find. They are great for me on this uke, also the Southcoast HML-RW and Oasis are nice on it too.

Last edited:
Wow!

Will Corey play my CR? I'll be there next July for the Sakuma Festival.

The HML-RW's are great on my Koaloha Tenor, but you know how it is, I am always looking for something that may be better. Again, thank you for your time.

Top Bottom