Zdravstvuyte from Russia!

Demetrius

Reaction score
Aloha to all much respected members of such a great community )
My real name is Dmitry. I'm 38 y.o. I live near Moscow.
Been playing classical guitar as amateur (and still play) for long long time. But suddenly couple years ago bought my first tiny ukulele and now I just really undecided which of the instruments I like the best...
Finally came here cause I'm eager to learn more and also think already got something to show)
Cheers!

Welcome, Dmitry! We have some other Russian members, and one or two people here can sing in Russian.
It's good to have you here.

Ginny

Welcome to the forum Dmitry. It's about time we had some cool members for a change :) I work with a couple of Russian lads, and there's nobody better to go for an after-work drink with.

Meanwhile-In-Russia____zpsfa8c4b9b.jpg

2 Ginny
Great! Hope I'll find them)

And just for more profound introduction here's little russian folk tune usually played on balalayka.
But I've found it sounds great on uke.

Last edited:
Dobro pozhalovat' , rady, chto Vy prisoyedinilis' k nam. You have come to the right place.

Welcome to the forum Dmitry. It's about time we had some cool members for a change :) I work with a couple of Russian lads, and there's nobody better to go for an after-work drink with.

Yes indeed there's lot of experts in after-work drinking here in Russia. But also I meet more and more total abstainers...

Dobro pozhalovat' , rady, chto Vy prisoyedinilis' k nam.
Amazing! Where did you learn all these sophisticated words?

As for above tune it is one of the very few of my folk song arrangements for ukulele. I mostly go for Beatles and jazz evergreens.

Здравствуйте, и молодец! Вы играете отлично.

Last edited:
Hello Demetrius. It is good of you to join us at UU. I am looking for lyrics and chord arrangement for: "Тёмная ночь" Can you post a link please? It is no problem for the lyrics to appear in Cyrillic.

Top Bottom