How can I improve?

UkEdman90

Reaction score
hey guys i have a question on how i can improve my playing abilities. I know practice practice practice but i would like a tip on transitioning from strumming to picking. Thanks guys also check out my youtube channel! i have a new vid! thats all thanks in advance!!

-Don

hey guys i have a question on how i can improve my playing abilities. I know practice practice practice but i would like a tip on transitioning from strumming to picking.

Easy, more practice. ;)

Seriously though, just messing around and getting to know the neck thoroughly really helps you be able to learn new songs and such.

Tab section, Dominators Tutorials and such are all helpful. I read in another thread that you had the solo on Dragon down so you should be pretty well off and able to learn new things.

Again practice. :D

Easy, more practice. ;)

Seriously though, just messing around and getting to know the neck thoroughly really helps you be able to learn new songs and such.

Tab section, Dominators Tutorials and such are all helpful. I read in another thread that you had the solo on Dragon down so you should be pretty well off and able to learn new things.

Again practice. :D

yeah i do haha i m still practicing that thing to make it sound fluid but thx i shall check that out

Another thing that I think helps people improve is recording yourself. I found that posting videos on youtube can allow me to get critique on what to improve on and it helps you play under a little more pressure. :D

Another thing that I think helps people improve is recording yourself. I found that posting videos on youtube can allow me to get critique on what to improve on and it helps you play under a little more pressure. :D

very true! check out my first real uke vid. i tried haha

One of the things that is helping me imporve and go from strumming to picking and mixing it up is....

Get some sheet music (I have a couple Jumpin' Jim's books) a scale chart and a fretboard map.
Start naming the notes to the strings to the words ie: A0-E3-E1-C0 = Ti-ny Bub-bles. (string A fret 0)
You can do it to any song,then when you play you can fingerpick or strum or both.

It has really helping me figure out the neck of the Uke and made the songs sound better.

It was one of the things we learned in my lessons.

Top Bottom