Moore Bettah Case

mkatz

Reaction score
I am loving my new MB and was wondering what type of hard shell cases people would suggest if I wanted to upgrade from the Uke Crazy case that it came in.

Mitch

I've tried Protec which is very nice and sturdy, but I find it heavy. Heavy enough to make me only want to use it for local trips. The last time I traveled via air, I took it in the Uke Crazy and that worked great. Light and strong. Perhaps that is why it is Chuck's default case?

Aloha Mitch, I love the Crossrock abs cases..
@cj I think chuckie ' s cases are the Oahu cases

Last edited:
Mine came in a Uke Crazy case. But it was a tenor case and he made me a super concert. There was need to cushion the lower part of the ukulele. I found my ukulele fit perfectly in an Oscar Schmidt case. And I love it. I am pretty careful so it works for me.

I do believe though, that Chuck does recommend getting a better case. I don't know how to link stuff, but Wicked Wahine recently got a MB and on one of her threads (I think) there is discussion about it.

The Crossrock case is quite nice - but I prefer backpack straps so I sold mine. I use two different cases for my Moore Bettah. I have a Kamoa fiberglass I use locally and on trips that don't involve flights - very lightweight, and a Calton custom case for flights - better protection but pricy. The Calton is also fairly heavy - hence not using it locally.

I would recommend an Ameritage or the Crossrock. The Calton is great - my fave overall - but the Ameritage is almost as protective at a fraction of the price. And the Crossrock is quite nice and light.

Here is the thread Sukie mentioned - I review the Kamoa, Ameritage and Calton in it.
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...e-case-on-cases-Calton-Kamoa-Ameritage-Kamaka

Last edited:
I am loving my new MB and was wondering what type of hard shell cases people would suggest if I wanted to upgrade from the Uke Crazy case that it came in.

Mitch

Ship your MB to me and I'll find the perfect case for it. It might take me awhile though.

The Uke Crazy should be fine. My tenor came in an Oahu case, which is also nice.
Ameritage cases provide great protection, but are really heavy.

Any case should be fine. it doesn't have a "unique" shape where only certain cases will work.

Calton cases are really the best that I've seen, but they are very expensive. Well worth the money if you are willing to invest in a case at that level. I also have both the Kamoa and Crossrock cases, and like them very much-- I haven't seen the Kamoa for sale for a long time, but the Crossrock is still made.

Calton cases are really the best that I've seen, but they are very expensive. Well worth the money if you are willing to invest in a case at that level. I also have both the Kamoa and Crossrock cases, and like them very much-- I haven't seen the Kamoa for sale for a long time, but the Crossrock is still made.

Yeah I like my Calton a lot but it was crazy expensive. The Kamoa would be perfect for me for local use if it had a storage compartment. I still like it locally for the weight but have to carry stuff in my purse.

I'll put in a plug for Hoffee cases again. Cost as much as Caltons, but pretty much bulletproof. Heavy, but if you want protection, this is right up there, you can even get a built-in GPS a tracker ...

Yeah the Calton has a similar system but I didn't pay to activate it. The Hoffee are really nice though.

The Crossrock case is quite nice - but I prefer backpack straps so I sold mine. I use two different cases for my Moore Bettah. I have a Kamoa fiberglass I use locally and on trips that don't involve flights - very lightweight, and a Calton custom case for flights - better protection but pricy. The Calton is also fairly heavy - hence not using it locally.

I would recommend an Ameritage or the Crossrock. The Calton is great - my fave overall - but the Ameritage is almost as protective at a fraction of the price. And the Crossrock is quite nice and light.

Here is the thread Sukie mentioned - I review the Kamoa, Ameritage and Calton in it.
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...e-case-on-cases-Calton-Kamoa-Ameritage-Kamaka
Aloha staci, my Crossrock case has latches for back straps, granted it is a hard case too and may not be
Comfortable carrying on your back as a reunion case

Last edited:
The Uke Crazy should be fine. My tenor came in an Oahu case, which is also nice.
Ameritage cases provide great protection, but are really heavy.

The problem I have with the Uke Crazy case is that when you stand it on its side, the hinges hit the ground and it leans to one side. I do have a Reunion Blues gig bag which is great for travel but not so much for the house and around town. I am thinking the Crossrock may fit the bill.

Mitch

I have to vote for Ameritage. While they are heavy, they do what they are supposed to, provide excellent protection for my MB. And pricewise while they are expensive, they are not exorbitant and you really get what you pay for. They are beautifully made and very classy visually. A Cadillac of a case for my Rolls Royce of a uke.

Top Bottom