Not re-inventing the wheel

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Just a classic Hawaiian style tenor...

and a close-up to show high gloss finish

I've fitted D'Addario pro-Arte strings (Jake's choice?)to this and am not sure about them. They are quite low tension - I prefer D'Addario Titanium or eve Nyltec for a more positive feel.

Stunning work Pete. I spotted the Koa concert on your website today, very very tempting!

"Just" Elegant..................

DazW - Thank you for your comments. I've now updated the website - all instruments now sold.
Phil - thank you. This is the body shape I have been using for about 12 years and is a slightly modified old Kamaka style.

Cheers Pete. Thats a shame, I believe S.U.S still have one on their website so they maybe need to update (unless that's a private sale or something of course)

Last edited:
Beautiful in it's simplicity, Pete! Do you have a close up pic of the headstock? That's gorgeous.

gorgeous! Rosette, binding and purfling would be "gilding the lily"

what do you charge for a uke like this Pete???

I'm told that I am a 'master-craftsman' so price reflects this.

What do you have to do Pete to get the title "Master-Whatever" ? I've thought about calling myself "Jose Ken Rodrigas Timms" and growing a long beard and getting a pair of those rimless specs that perch on the end of the nose?.....Yeh! that should do it ;)

Seriously tho "The devil is in the detail" and that takes a lot of a learning curve.

Top Bottom