Thought I was here, but maybe not...so Hi!

rorowe

Reaction score
New to the forum, I go by Rob and/or "rorowe".
I'm a classically trained cellist/violinist and have taught both in public schools and privately.
My fiance (now wife!!!) picked up an adorable Makala Soprano and started learning, then bought me a Kilo Baritone for my birthday.

During our amazing Hawaiian wedding/honeymoon on Kauai, she bought "us" a beautiful Kamoa Pineapple Soprano.

Almost enough for a small uke orchestra, right?

So, aloha!

New to the forum, I go by Rob and/or "rorowe".
I'm a classically trained cellist/violinist and have taught both in public schools and privately.
My fiance (now wife!!!) picked up an adorable Makala Soprano and started learning, then bought me a Kilo Baritone for my birthday.

During our amazing Hawaiian wedding/honeymoon on Kauai, she bought "us" a beautiful Kamoa Pineapple Soprano.

Almost enough for a small uke orchestra, right?

So, aloha!
bought "us" is interesting. I bought my grandkids a Ukulele to share. Amazing how they always wanted to play it at exactly the same time, even though the rest of the time it just sat there. Had to buy them a second one of course. All good now though because they both play. Welcome to UU

Aloha and welcome from another guy who got married in Hawaii. I'm sure your wedding was as magical as mine.

So are you going to make a video where you play violin, cello, and uke? Pretty please?

"Thought I was here, but maybe not.." :uhoh: There's at least a couple of old farts here that feel that way from time to time :eek:ld:

:biglaugh:

Welcome, glad you joined us.

Haha! @KaraUkey, My wife already has her soprano, and I have my baritone. I'm sure I'll be the one playing the new pineapple the most, but yes...we'll share.
@Bonesoup, I've been trying to come up with some miniature compositions that feature all three instruments. I've also been trying to learn enough about video capture and editing so I can finally post some things to my Youtube account. But first...I gotta go play ukulele!

Welcome to you and your lovely wife. It sounds to me like you have the makings of an interesting String Quartet.

Great, another classically trained musician playing the Ukulele. Me too! I was a French Horn player the first 18 years of my musical life. I know that a lot of really good Ukulele players don't want to hear this, but the classical music education and experience makes the Ukulele all the more enjoyable. Honestly, it's a blessed relief to be playing an instrument that one can relax with and not take so seriously. Aloha, Rob! And, welcome to the Forum.

Great, another classically trained musician playing the Ukulele. Me too! I was a French Horn player the first 18 years of my musical life. I know that a lot of really good Ukulele players don't want to hear this, but the classical music education and experience makes the Ukulele all the more enjoyable. Honestly, it's a blessed relief to be playing an instrument that one can relax with and not take so seriously. Aloha, Rob! And, welcome to the Forum.

A lot of mediocre uke players might not be too chuffed either.......are you replacing the role of the snobby guitarist with the role of the French Horner...ist ...blower...:smileybounce:

Ha! The uke is my "sit-in-the-hammock-and-strum" instrument. When I can't find a minute in my day to practice violin or cello. When I have that next Top40 hit stuck in my head (and I either want to learn it on ukulele, or play something else to get it outta my head!).
The theory training, and song-writing (not lyrics, sadly!), definitely make ukulele more fun, though.

Top Bottom