Cordoba 32T-CE or Pono RT-PC(S)

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
Thinking of upgrading from my Pono AT. Really like Spruce top after doing a custom with Sitka top &Black walnut sides. Really eyeing Pono RT -PC(s) from pro classic line, nice upgrade and HMS gas good deal currently with Engelmann spruce top/rosewood sides.

Then saw HMS Cordoba 32T-CE with same specs, cutaway and Baggs Five.O pickup which seems like a great deal.

Comments from users of both. Which will give biggest upgrade in tone from AT. The pick up would be a bonus I don't need but may be nice. That aside, acoustic to acoustic which is better sounding and player.
Thanks

Well I don't have both of these, but I do have one Pono Pro-Classic and a Cordoba 20TM CE. The Pono is much better playing and sounds better. I have the LR Baggs 5.0 in it and it sounds fantastic. The Cordoba tuners on the 20 are only so-so. The tuners on the Pono are much better quality.

I understand that the 30 series from Córdoba is a real upgrade from the 20 series. I have a Córdoba 22T-CE which I like and the spruce top really sings, but it is an lower midrange in fit and finish.
Cliff

I don't know if comparing a Pono Pro Classic to a Cordoba 20 series works, as they are so different in price (~ $500). I have the Cordoba 32T-CE on order from HMS, and I can give an opinion eventually – though you might not want to wait, as I just checked and it is still listed at $499, even though I believe that was advertised as a special to expire on Nov. 2. Like Osprey, I have a Cordoba 22T (not CE), and I think it's great for the money. I also have a Pono MTD (not AT), which is excellent (and cost more). If you care about neck dimensions, the Pono is thicker and narrower.

Last edited:
The new cordobas are supposed to be a huge improvement, and im sure they are great. But in my opinion at least, you would be better off with a tried and true, popular(for a reason) pono. You already own a pono and can im sure attest to their quality. I have a Pono Pro Classic cedar top acacia sides cutaway(dont remember my specific model to lazy to check lol) its by far the nicest instrument i own. Unless you think that you will absolutely need a pickup in the near future my vote is for pono. Id like to hear more first hand personal accounts of the Cordoba's before droppin that kinda money, where as many members have (and constantly gush lol) about the pro classic line! Either way good luck and if you get the Cordoba im sure we'd all like a review!

Mine is a Pono ATC-PCC, duh its in my sig. I just woke up, thats my excuse and im sticken to it lol

I recently played a Cordoba 32T (not cutaway w/ pickup, just the regular model) and while I thought the uke was the best looking in Sam Ash, I wasn't really that impressed with the sound. Seemed kind of dull and "stiff" if you know what I mean. I've had no experience with Pono whatsoever, but they get great reviews on UU. Now, if you mean to play it plugged in more often than not, I'd just get the Cordoba and save $$--but it sounds like the pickup is just a nice "bonus" to you.

Great comments and links to Andrews comments at HMS. Thanks. I've pretty sold on Pono after having an AT and listening to the Pro Classis. Spruce and Rosewood. I think Cordoba 32 series is likely good and would take a chance if I could play one in person. I'm sure Andrew is correct with his comment. What caught my eye on this was the valve of the 32CE with spruce and rosewood AND a BAGG Five.0. That seems like great valve value for the dollar. If anyone has one or gets one I'd love to hear your comments. Everyone raves about the Pono Pro Classic.
Thanks All.

Top Bottom