Jezbo D.

Jezbo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name's Jezbo and this is my first day here. I am a mature fella and have been playing uke since I was twelve before going over to guitar (a familiar route) then years later returning to my first love. My return started with a $23 uke bought in Geelong Victoria some years ago before we returned to WA after an absence of 30 years. The $23 uke was ok for a bit of fun but wasn't a real instrument if you get my drift.

So I ventured up to a $60 one and looked in horror at the prices of the Hawaiian ukes - man! Over a grand!!! Who in their right minds would pay that?? Who . . . well actually, me! I bought a KoAloah tenor plus a beautiful Kala Marcie Marxer tenor, a you-beaut Lanikai (Hawaiian model) plus a few others. So I am well and truly hooked. I would love a MyaMoe tenor and a few others but they will have to wait a long time.

Before we left WA in '84 I played guitar and sang around the place and since coming back we have housed ourselves in Kalamunda WA where I played and sang at what used to be The Last Drop Tavern. I sang there for five years, at least twice a week ;) but of course it has all changed. :(.

Always looking for something new to do as I am now retired I will be teaching ukulele at the Kalamunda Learning Centre in February and I am really looking forward to it.

Well I think that's enough from me for now.

Keep plunkin'

Jezbo

Greetings and welcome. Great story. Yup, you are well and truly "hooked." Glad you joined us. Keep us posted on your uke adventures. I teach a class for seniors.

Hi Jezbo,
Have been a singer/guitarist from when I was young, but only came across the Uke much more recently. I love it. I have a Uke group, run workshops for Uni students and still do regular Ukulele gigs. Over 50 years of music and this is the bit I've enjoyed most. Welcome to UU.

Hey Jezbo, and welcome to UU. Your musical background is really interesting. And how wonderful that you are giving back by teaching the ukulele. That is wonderful!

Welcome Jezbo. I am a guitar player for 40+ years now playing uke. We are adding uke songs to our performances, we are up to about 8.

Top Bottom