where to buy Tru Oil or Tung Oil

cebukenieduke

Reaction score
SOS Please,

I'm about to apply wood exterior finish on my double neck Ukulele and would like to use Tru Oil or Tung Oil. Would fully appreciate any information which one has a better glossy finish between the 2. Where can I buy from reliable paypal resource. Any info if they sell these products in Manila. Thanks for any info.

Neither will produce a finish as "glossy" as standard gloss finished ukes. I do like a rubbed out or buffed true oil finish. A rich low gloss. There are many gun shops in Manila...several if not most will sell tru oil, perhaps the most popular do it yourself gunstock finish in the world.

Last edited:
Neither will produce a finish as "glossy" as standard gloss finished ukes. I do like a rubbed out or buffed true oil finish. A rich low gloss. There are many gun shops in Manila...several if not most will sell tru oil, perhaps the most popular do it yourself gunstock finish in the world.

Thanks. Have visited several depot and hardware shops and even tried gun shops here in Manila but not a single bottle was in sight. Lemon oil are the basic commodity on the shelf. I attended a conference in Washington DC last week and had second thought packing in my luggage Tru Oil in small bottles packed with 2 other wood stain being sold there due to airport strict liquid ban. Wish I should have attempted to slip a couple of those 3bottles package.

I was able to get sample packs of tung oil from one of the manufacturers, you might want to try that. One sample pack was more than enough for a tenor ukulele. It's been a few years now and I couldn't find where I got them from. Sorry. Good luck in your search.

Top Bottom