NUD Kala Koa Long Neck Soprano KA KSLNG

keod

Reaction score
After waiting "forever" for these to finally hit North America, I finally got it.

Waited weeks for my preferred reseller to make this available but when that didn't seem to be happening any time soon.....decided to risk buying from a vendor that doesn't do "set-up".

Its a laminate, which is good for me, with D'addario strings (Titanium T2 I think) which I didn't think I would like, but I do- very much. They seem much crisper in tone compared to my other ukes with Aquilas. Settling in very fast and intonation right up the neck seems really good. Finish is a nice high gloss (with a slight imperfection where the fretboard joins the body - to be expected with a production uke). Build quality seems very good. I also have the KA SLNG mohogany long neck which was considerably cheaper and while I like it very much - there is a difference in the internal bracing. The KA KSLNG is kerfed around the edges and has thicker bracing under the top. This new one has a slighly longer "head" on it too which is good for tying the strap on. Grover tuners. Thin and narrow neck. Maple edged fretboard.

Very pleased, although many would not pay this much for a laminate (I think it retails for $238 USD - it was a little more in Canada). Poor pic - but there are lots better on the web.

IMG_0137.jpg

Wow, very cool looking, congratulations. I did not know Kala was doing a koa in their long neck soprano. Is this a solid koa top with laminate back and sides or is it all laminate, either way it is very nice looking.

Wow, very cool looking, congratulations. I did not know Kala was doing a koa in their long neck soprano. Is this a solid koa top with laminate back and sides or is it all laminate, either way it is very nice looking.

Thanks. All laminate. Just arrived in North America at the end of September although their concert and tenor models (with slotted heads) have been around for a while. I'm pleased. I really wanted an Opio soprano but my playing ability doesn't justify the added cost. Well my playing probably doesn't even justify having more than one uke.....but I can't seem to stop myself. Retirement has proved to be much more fun than I expected and I'm even looking forward to winter as it will be more time to practice LOL.

Congrats! It's very pretty!

Top Bottom