Rockets in the Ukulele

Timbuck

Reaction score
Tonight is "Guy Fawks Night" in the UK..Festivities Bonfires and Fireworks going off everywhere...A couple of spent rockets just landed in my garden..So as I have done in the past;), I rescued a couple of nice scorched rocket sticks, and they will become bracings in one of my next Soprano builds.:music:

As an owner of a year round costume shop in South Florida, we are benefiting from this as there is a rally here and people are buying the V for Vandetta (Guy Fox) mask. Yay to the UK.

As an owner of a year round costume shop in South Florida, we are benefiting from this as there is a rally here and people are buying the V for Vandetta (Guy Fox) mask. Yay to the UK.

Is this for the "million mask" get together organised by the Anonymous collective?

Torrential rain, thunder, and hail put a definite damper on Guy Fawkes night here. Which means instead of a lot of noise one night we'll now have it spread over several nights.

Centuries later it is still said that Guy Fawkes is the only man ever to enter parliament with honest intentions.

Is this for the "million mask" get together organised by the Anonymous collective?

Good question. I don't know. I watch for events that would require some sort of dress up and then put the word out that I have it available. Free enterprise at it's finest.

Fawkes ...it is Guy ...short for Guideo ....Fawkes ...he was born in York...the original and old one:) and is widely believed by many cynics to have been the last British parliamentarian to have entered the Houses Of Parliament with an honest intention........and a match ...:shaka:

PS Sorry Pritch. I did not see your post ..... but I love to further endorse that sentiment though.

Last edited:
I well remember Guy Fawkes AKA cracker night until it was banned here in the seventies. Private use of fireworks is banned. Only Licensed pyro technicians can conduct firework displays here now. Tuppenny bungers were great big fire crackers capable of blowing up letter boxes, and even removing fingers. Fireworks were often responsible for bushfires an ever present threat in parts of Australia. Right now in my part of Australia it is extremely dry and hot. So definitely not the time for fireworks. Wildlife and domestic animals were also sometimes at risk on cracker night and not just from the noise.

You guys must have some serious rockets over there if you can get brace wood from the sticks. These must be like Saturn V fireworks or something

Top Bottom