Do I NEED to humidify my babies?

bobinde

Reaction score
I live in central Delaware - summers are hot, humid and too long. Winters are cool (Not too many days below freezing) and damp. Now, the question is, since We use a wood stove as our only heat source, should I use a humidifier? We always have a kettle on the stove to keep the humidity up.

thanks in advance!

bobinde

You must answer this question, yourself. Measure the humidity in your home/music room/... Take heed and govern yourself accordingly.

No you do not have to humidify your instruments. Send them all to me and I will do it for you in my house :shaka:

No you do not have to humidify your instruments. Send them all to me and I will do it for you in my house :shaka:

This is a tremendously generous offer ... you might take him up on it only for laminates.

Send me the solid wood K brands, Pono's and any antiques you have.

Being in Canada, my ukes stay in the case with a humidifier 24/7.

I'm in Canada too. In the winter I move my main instruments up to my bedroom. The steam from the bath and shower in our on suite bathroom keeps the humidity in our bedroom between 45-50%. I keep a digital hygrometer on the wall of the bedroom to keep an eye on the humidity. The other instruments (which don't get played often) get Oasis humidifiers in their cases because my furnace humidifier struggles to get past 35%.

Jordan

Top Bottom