Do KoAloha ukes have serial numbers?

jester

Reaction score
I contacted an EBayer about his KoAloha auction. I asked for the serial number. He said KoAloha doesn't use them. Is this correct?

thats a good question- they have a toll free number you might wanna call to get the info :)

744 Kohou Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
Phone: (808) 847-4911
Toll Free in the USA: 866-840-4911
Email: info@koaloha.com

Looking in the sound hole of my Soprano without a mirror to see where I can't, all I see is a date October 2008.
I assume it's the sell by date...
Or more likely the made date.

Well, I have a KoAloha Concert Sceptre and I asked both MGM and Brian from KoAloha through e-mail. According to them, the only thing they have is a stamped date of production on the models. With the special ukes, like my sceptre, they don't have anything at all indicating when they were built stamped inside.

Mine does not have anything but a date.

Mine does not have a serial number either. I read somewhere that they don't do serial numbers because it is too much paperwork, and since they're already cranking out ukes as fast as they can, they don't want to have to deal with serial numbers. Don't remember where I read that though.

just the date.. and when some of the older ones i have researched they did not have that... i kind of like it! when i went to the factory... i got this old time family feeling... like it was your uncle making you a ukulele for your birthday.. and while i know it is not your uncle.. and you are paying a good amount of money.. i still kind of feel like it.. i think it just adds to the whole koaloha thing.. but then again.. i love em! so yeah..

Don't forget the printed: "THE FINEST HANDCRAFTED UKULELE"

personally, I don't know if that's even legal but I LOVE IT!!! haha

Don't forget the printed: "THE FINEST HANDCRAFTED UKULELE"

personally, I don't know if that's even legal but I LOVE IT!!! haha

yes... they can!!! it is just a fact right!! okay.. i don't even know.. i am so new at this.. i need to play some others but yeah.. i love em!!

i am still going nuts over the tracking.. and what is super annoying is that now i can see.. it is in Kansas about 20 min from my house.. but i still wont get it until tomorrow.. ahh

Picture1.png

Well, I have a KoAloha Concert Sceptre and I asked both MGM and Brian from KoAloha through e-mail. According to them, the only thing they have is a stamped date of production on the models. With the special ukes, like my sceptre, they don't have anything at all indicating when they were built stamped inside.

How do you like that sceptre?

yes... they can!!! it is just a fact right!! okay.. i don't even know.. i am so new at this.. i need to play some others but yeah.. i love em!!

i am still going nuts over the tracking.. and what is super annoying is that now i can see.. it is in Kansas about 20 min from my house.. but i still wont get it until tomorrow.. ahh

Picture1.png

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQuLzsN1ZBc

We actually do have a serial number, but you need a lighted mirror to see it. It's printed on the sound bar, under the bridge. Ha ha. Just kidding. We don't serial number our instruments, but we do date stamp. I can see the benefits of serializing each instrument, but we really don't have the office staff to keep track of the ukes individually. The date stamp does help us track when the instruments were built, which helps with warranty issues. Other than that, our focus is to keep making ukulele as best and as fast as we can.

Dom, working on it!

We actually do have a serial number, but you need a lighted mirror to see it. It's printed on the sound bar, under the bridge. Ha ha. Just kidding. We don't serial number our instruments, but we do date stamp. I can see the benefits of serializing each instrument, but we really don't have the office staff to keep track of the ukes individually. The date stamp does help us track when the instruments were built, which helps with warranty issues. Other than that, our focus is to keep making ukulele as best and as fast as we can.

Dom, working on it!

i know you are paul.. you are the MAN!! i can't wait to see it!!! but man i love this concert i got today.. after i get that number form you.. maybe i need to get a soprano so i can have a full set!!!

d

Top Bottom