Cbg

That looks pretty cool!

Is that a Bokken you've used for the neck/bridge? I got one from a visit to Nagoya Castle years ago and I've been thinking of turning it into a uke somehow.

That looks pretty cool!

Is that a Bokken you've used for the neck/bridge? I got one from a visit to Nagoya Castle years ago and I've been thinking of turning it into a uke somehow.

Thanks!

Not a bokken, just a length of hardwood.

Very nice looking, especially for your first. Going to do a sound clip? I'm subscribed to CBN and keep getting updates, but I haven't started mine yet. I can't decide whether to do a 3 string slide guitar, a 2 string bass, or a 3 string "lap steel" guitar.

Very nice looking, especially for your first. Going to do a sound clip? I'm subscribed to CBN and keep getting updates, but I haven't started mine yet. I can't decide whether to do a 3 string slide guitar, a 2 string bass, or a 3 string "lap steel" guitar.

Thanks Phil, I went the easy route and assembled the "Pure and Simple" kit. It's surprisingly loud. (Louder than my tenor uke)

I have been building cigar box guitars for about a year now. I fret mine diatonic like a mountain dulcimer and tune them low d, a, and high d. They are fun and easy to play. Some of them I put a pick-up on so that they can be amped. Phil you mentioned a two string bass. How do you build it? Do you use a larger box and how do you fret and tune it?

I have been building cigar box guitars for about a year now. I fret mine diatonic like a mountain dulcimer and tune them low d, a, and high d. They are fun and easy to play. Some of them I put a pick-up on so that they can be amped. Phil you mentioned a two string bass. How do you build it? Do you use a larger box and how do you fret and tune it?

Still on my "to do" list, along with many others. LOL All info on Cigar Box Nation. Can do unfretted, chromatic scale, or diatonic, short scale, long scale, etc. Bass strings and a bass amp. Pretty straight forward as I understand it.

Top Bottom