Finally finnished my suitcase amp...

Strumdaddy

Reaction score
Everything old is new again...
Here are a few photos of my latest project....
I am doing a bit of busking - playing old-timey-bluesy songs, but using a modern amp and uke just didn't look right. So I got an old suitcase, and slimmed down a Vox DA5 amp, and - after much fiddling, this little beauty was born.
She sounds sweet, up to a certain volume where I get a bit of feedback, but it does the trick, and I've had some good responses so far. I think people like something a little different.
I also got a Johnny Marvin uke with K & K pick-up (thanks Jake Wildwood), and a rack of snappy, old-timey looking clothes to complete the picture.

IMG_0964.jpgIMG_0965.jpgIMG_0967.jpg

Cool! Let's hear it

Very cool Strumdaddy! I have that same amp, but mine lives in my house.

That's really cool! What's the power source for the amp?

cool setup, good luck with the busking!

Cool setup. Authentic looking. Have fun busking!

This will be the 8th......"Very Cool" comment but that is the most appropriate description. I love it, the uke goes great with it as well, awesome combo.

I like it.

That's really cool! What's the power source for the amp?

The amp takes 6 x "C" sized batteries, but I actually use a rechargeable battery pack that has 9volt and 12volt output so that I can power the amp and a couple of pedals. It works really well and lasts a long time (15000 mAh) I got it on Ebay.
Here's a photo:

battery.jpg

Thanks for all the "cool" comments guys

Nice job. It looks great and perfectly fit with the theme. Would love to see quick clip of you busking.
Cheers

Top Bottom