A new uker

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just gave another grand baby their first uke. Seems all my grand kids one by one are now wanting to learn and play the uke like Grandpa did. Funny thing is, this is my oldest son's daughter, and he told me he wished I would have chosen a differnt color because he is finding he likes to strum on it as much as she does. Said he gets weird looks from friends that stop by and catch him laying on the couch strumming a pink ukulele.. lol.. I think it's perfect, ;)

brielleuke_zpsf16949c4.jpg

Just gave another grand baby their first uke. Seems all my grand kids one by one are now wanting to learn and play the uke like Grandpa did. Funny thing is, this is my oldest son's daughter, and he told me he wished I would have chosen a differnt color because he is finding he likes to strum on it as much as she does. Said he gets weird looks from friends that stop by and catch him laying on the couch strumming a pink ukulele.. lol.. I think it's perfect, ;)

AWESOME!! Now I'm looking forward to a family jam video??

She's a real cutie! She looks very happy with her new friend. :)

love that little story, and such a cute ukulele!

Funny thing is, this is my oldest son's daughter, and he told me he wished I would have chosen a differnt color because he is finding he likes to strum on it as much as she does. Said he gets weird looks from friends that stop by and catch him laying on the couch strumming a pink ukulele..
Well, I think you know what you can get your oldest son for Christmas. :p

That's awesome! I bought a Shark for my grandson, but he just grabbed it and started doing airguitar on it. Well, that's ok, he loves the golf clubs I gave him. The uke...maybe someday...

Wow, that is so cute...as for her daddy being afraid of what people think of him playing a pink uke, he needs to get over it! Or get his own! LOL

What a beautiful photo - your granddaughter is precious!!! I guess you will have to shop for your son as well!

They need another ukulele for daughter/Dad duets anyway...and I think I see another future ukulele player hiding behind her sister.

I'm curious. What colour is Grandpa's uke? (It's probably silly of me to make a basic assumption that you have only one, eh?)

Last edited:
That pink sunburst is cool!

They need another ukulele for daughter/Dad duets anyway...and I think I see another future ukulele player hiding behind her sister.

I'm curious. What colour is Grandpa's uke? (It's probably silly of me to make a basic assumption that you have only one, eh?)

The other grand daughter behind her got her first uke a month ago for her birthday. Hope to get a picture of them together with their ukes. They are my oldest son's daughter's. My son is now 33, and grew up around guitars, and later ukes but never took an interests in playing any of them. His daughter is very musical inclined and can read music (she plays the piano). He is now taking an interests and learning the uke with his girls, so I guess he might have to have his own.

I like the way Minnie Mouse seems to be glancing down at her uke with approval.

Way to go Tony, you gave the give of love and music. Ya gotta love that smile and sparkle in the eyes.

Tell your son to get his own uke!

Last edited:
Aaaaaaw.... Super cute. Great stuff.

Wow, that is so cute...as for her daddy being afraid of what people think of him playing a pink uke, he needs to get over it! Or get his own! LOL

Absolutely

Top Bottom