JacobPi

Reaction score
I'm new to this whole Uke business and I'ma wondering
should I go for the
Lanikai LU21P Pineapple Soprano Ukulele
or the
Ohana "Vita" Shape Ukulele CKP-70M - Solid Spruce Top
I'm unsure
if you have any more suggestions leave then as replies.

I'm torn between those or something else.
Those two in particular because
The Vita is louder and better quality sound where as the pineapple i unusual and that was what i'm going for

got anything else?
reply please

The vita is definately louder and it does have a solid spruce top (solid wood is always better than laminate)

I have never played the lani kai pineapple, just the kala pineapple. I liked it and my next uke purchase will be a pineapple or Koaloha or maybe a combination (pineapple sunday--fingers crossed hands clasped eyes looking heavenward).

Go with your heart. It is your choice but you'll end up with both eventually. Ask for the two sale deal.

The vita is definately louder and it does have a solid spruce top (solid wood is always better than laminate)

I have never played the lani kai pineapple, just the kala pineapple. I liked it and my next uke purchase will be a pineapple or Koaloha or maybe a combination (pineapple sunday--fingers crossed hands clasped eyes looking heavenward).

Go with your heart. It is your choice but you'll end up with both eventually. Ask for the two sale deal.

The Vita.

I have a Lanikai LU21 standard and cannot say much praise for it.

I'll be writing a review of the Vita for Ukulele Player Magazine. The Vita has great tone and lots of punch. The shape of the uke is most likely why they chose to use laminated back and sides. It is very durable. The Vita appears to have a shorter neck than it actually does.

I think it looks great for Irish bands and Renaissance musicians, too... reminds me of a lute.

Vita
I have the Lanikai, I've played the Vita. I liked the Vita more. Of course, I always prefer the one I don't have...the nature of UAS I suppose:)

I think the Vita is more expensive though, right?

No I think they're the same price. In the end I got a red Mahalo soprano. And I'm looking to get a vita later this year.

If unusual is what you're going for, the Vita is your best choice. It doesn't get more unusual than that!

Besides, pineapples are very common. ;)

Top Bottom