UAS...Ever bought a uke(s) just to satisfy your UAS...? What was it??

sonomajazz

Reaction score
Docj made me do it!

Seriously, he's posted so many fab ukes recently I had to buy something just to take the edge off...

Kiwaya KS-6 from Redd0g...I got off cheap...and a great little uke!

Nope...not me...not this week at least!

'39 Gibson soprano last week though...it's now my favorite soprano!

Yes. A Custom Compass Rose. It really helped a lot. I play it everyday. Hope to one day have enough for a MB.
Congratulations on your new uke!

About 2/3rds of the ukes listed on my signature

A Kamaka pineapple. I didn't need it. I swear I didn't. I just always wanted one.

Oh man where do I began............yes yes I have done that, multiple times. UAS is truly the only reason you own more than one of each size.

All the below (and about 5 more).

Borderline poverty keeps my Uke collection pretty static. (I'm so broke, I can't even pay attention.)

Scooter

I bought a 50's Harmony baritone and a '62 Favilla baritone and ended up gifting both to friends after figuring out I preferred tenors.

I don't think I have UAS.
Admittedly my second uke was purchased while I was going to get new strings for my first uke. She just sounded so pretty.

Sure, I want an 8 string, and I want a nice soprano now, and a u-bass, but beyond that I think I'm good.

Maybe if I dump my gf before xmas I can buy myself something nice instead of spending money on her.... ;)

I don't think I have UAS.
Admittedly my second uke was purchased while I was going to get new strings for my first uke. She just sounded so pretty.

Sure, I want an 8 string, and I want a nice soprano now, and a u-bass, but beyond that I think I'm good.

Maybe if I dump my gf before xmas I can buy myself something nice instead of spending money on her.... ;)

That is sooo funny about buying a uke when just going in for strings. I did the same thing.........a soprano.....I don't even like sopranos I'm a tenor guy. But the little guy is a lot of fun and it is my car-uke now.

The girl friend issue that is hardcore UAS, should be good for a K brand at least

I've been pretty good in a while, but mostly because I'd been broke from buying audio equipment and software, and oh, kalimbas. But just following the board more actively again makes it really difficult. I only have four ukes, but have been looking for an electric one, and this talk about very old sopranos is putting ideas in my head.

I don't know if it is UAS, but some ukuleles really pull on me. Can't even count the number of times I almost pulled the trigger on a uke.

It's cathartic to decide on selling a few ukuleles.... and makes space for new ones. I really have to stop watch those awesome HMS new uke videos, now I want a Hive uke.

I've been playing 10 months and have 7 ukes.....no I have never had that problem and have no idea what you are referring to.

Top Bottom