NUD - My Ebony Concert Snail

twentytabby

Reaction score
I went down to Tucson last week and had some time to kill so I checked out the ukes at the Folk Shop.
I wanted a smaller uke than my tenor to make some of those left hand stretches easier so I checked out lots of sopranos and concerts. There were two snail ukes in the store, one with a normal round hole and one with the snail shaped hole. Both had the nicest action and pretty good intonation. They also had nice sealed gear tuners that made it easy to tune. The one with the snail hole just happened to sound a little bit nicer so I got it.
It's ebony laminate and has a cool snail engraved into the head stock. It has a port hole on the side. Because of this port, I didn't trust my ears on which was the better uke so I had my spouse check how it sounded by standing some feet in front of me and he said it was the better sounding uke.
It came with a padded gig bag, but I'm putting a hard case on my Christmas list since I plan on hauling this thing around to jams.
ukulelesnail1.jpg

Very pretty. Glad you have someone to hear from an audience perspective with you.

Awesome! What a pretty uke, the wood looks great! The ukes I've heard with side ports don't seem to lose any projection forward. Snail, like Luna, has put a lot of artwork into building an affordable ukulele!
Congratulations, let us know how is sounds/plays! (When you have time, LOL)

that's gorgeous, Congrat's!

Very nice looking Ukulele. Do you have a link. I've never heard of Snail before this but want to check it out. Is the wood Cocobolo?
Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom