Strumming patterns......it happens

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am at the point now that strummimg rhythm and patterns are starting to just come instinctively. It would drive me nuts when someone would ask "what is the strumming pattern" and hear " don't worry, it will just happen" . I get it now and all you new learners will too. There was a video about a teacher who teaches rhythm by practising strumming on a piece of paper or cardboard. Does anyone know who that is, it might be helpful to those just starting out.

A lot of things just happen with the ukulele. You struggle and struggle, then one day it just all comes together and you wonder why was that so hard. You just have to keep at it until it happens. It is a happening.

I'm glad you reached a new plateau Dave. I work on uke strums a little everyday. Hasn't clicked for me yet. I can usually get the rhythms I want but I tend to go to banjo oriented strums. This is apparently changing the way I position my wrist from ukulele optimum. When I play banjolele my whole arm is in a different position and this less of a problem. Uke body doesn't accommodate that though.

Top Bottom