Wound G String - Recommendations?

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My new Boat Paddle ML Tenor came with a wound G. It is a GHS 3rd, G, guitar string, .027" Silverwound.

What other brands, diameters would people recommend as an alternative to try for this?

Cheers

/////////////Fremonts

I should have added that I live in Australia in the remotest capital city in the world so would be looking at a web site that sells single strings.

South Coast has excellent options.

Fremont Soloist 'squeakless' polished wound low-G from Hawaii Music Supply, sold single.

Interesting, my favorite low G wound right now is the GHS T4B (tie-end bronze wrap D or fourth) or the next string over in your set. I find it is really nicely balanced without the over powering thump a lot of low G strings have.

It is a GHS 3rd, G, guitar string, .027" Silverwound.
Cheers

Thank you all for the great responses so far. I like the Savares that I strung my daughters classical guitar with. There have been a lot of votes for Fremont so I will def try those and the South coast.
And, yes, there are music stores in Perth. Some of them even sell ukuleles but I haven't found any that have much of a choice of ukulele strings.

Jason at U Space in Los Angeles put a wound LaBelle G string on my tenor and it sounds great.

Top Bottom