Your favorite headstock?

chenx2

Reaction score
I have heard from some people that the headstock does matter (aesthetically or function-wise) when they purchase a uke.

Some like it in slotted-head, some in traditional 3-point and there are different kinds of tuners for choosing. My personal favorite is this Fender head.

xl_2dcc0806-6b7f-4e6c-a85d-fe3a4aca4ff7.jpg

What is your favorite headstock design?:confused:

I personally own a Kala Acacia top travel concert, and I like the sound, the violin arch-back construction and almost everything of it:eek:. The only thing that I'm not happy about is the printed logo on the headstock, which can wear off easily. And the color choice of some of the Kala logos doesn't look that good....

KAACP-T_headstock-front.jpg

Right now, my favorite head stock would be one that is connected to a Blackbird Clara, or a Kamaka koa concert. I would love to have a slotted headstock, as I do not own anything with that.

Love the standard headstock. Slothead I am not into. Fender has a very cool look and I'd have no problem with one.

I am way way way biased here because my Gary Gill Ukulele has this design and I am in love with it so much!

But I love the new Gary Gill headstocks! The design is really bold, really bring out the individual grains of the woods used, and they look really good on stage!
Yet there is something unique and classic about them all at the same time.

Headstocks.jpg

Headstocks1.jpg

I am way way way biased here because my Gary Gill Ukulele has this design and I am in love with it so much!

But I love the new Gary Gill headstocks! The design is really bold, really bring out the individual grains of the woods used, and they look really good on stage!

Headstocks.jpg

Headstocks1.jpg

Dad-gum - those are all beautiful! Lovely photo of you performing, as well!

I have both solid and slotted headstocks, I like them both equally. I really like the Fender Telelcaster headstock (I have a Tele and prefer it over the larger more clunky looking Strat headstock), I like that look so much, I'm having a small bass made that looks exactly like a Telecaster.

Ya I saw your Gary Gill demos. The pears sound and look amazing! If only I have the budget....(oops UAS)

1021141309e-600x600.jpg

Last edited:
Dad-gum - those are all beautiful! Lovely photo of you performing, as well!

Thanks! Photo Credit: Colin Coleman . I should have added that! CoLmes on UU and not only is he a talented photographer, but he is also a very talented ukulele performer!

Top Bottom