Congrats to Gary Gill and Mim

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
I don't know of this is the right section for this but I don't recall seeing it elsewhere. Just wanted to say congrats to Gary Gill on his deal with Mim's Ukes:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=heEHWuXFDCk

There are lots of other posts about this partnership on Mim's Facebook page and Gary's FB page. By all accounts, the ukes are being very well received and Gary is getting some much deserved recognition.

Well done both.

Jim

The title.....Congrats to Gary Hill and Mim........I thought they were getting married. :confused:Good thing I read thread. I mean everybody wants to marry Mim anyways so it is all good.

I bought my Pono from Mim, a great deal, and she was helpful on the phone and with my followup questions. Here she is on a youtube video playing a bunch of Pono ukes. My uke, is demoed at 3:16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQrCcroBMic

great video! That's a gorgeous Pono, you got there...for me, the Big Island kind of rang out. I got my Ohana from Mim, she's awesome!

I saw a few Gary Gill ukes at the Tampa Bay Uke Getaway last weekend. Mims had a good supply on her vendor table. Probably a few more were being played by Sunday afternoon. Nice ukes.

I don't know of this is the right section for this but I don't recall seeing it elsewhere. Just wanted to say congrats to Gary Gill on his deal with Mim's Ukes:

There are lots of other posts about this partnership on Mim's Facebook page and Gary's FB page. By all accounts, the ukes are being very well received and Gary is getting some much deserved recognition.

Well done both.

Thanks Jim.

Dave...I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that! Then I remembered Mr. Mim, and got very confused.

Well done both.

Thanks for posting here! I wanted to say something on Uke Talk, but I always have a fear of sounding self-promoting. But really, I am just super excited about it! This has been a super partnership and (as they used to say in the old Hair Club commercials) "I am not just a Gary Gill dealer, I am also a client!" He made MY uke! A uke I love and adore and take EVERYWHERE with me! The uke I have been waiting 5 years for waiting for "the one!" My Gary Gill Ukulele, aka Merlin, is my BABY! And his look and tone are so wonderful! It really resonates with me!

I bought my Pono from Mim, a great deal, and she was helpful on the phone and with my followup questions. Here she is on a youtube video playing a bunch of Pono ukes. My uke, is demoed at 3:16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQrCcroBMic

Thanks for the shout out!!! I love those pro classics!

Jim

The title.....Congrats to Gary Hill and Mim........I thought they were getting married. :confused:Good thing I read thread. I mean everybody wants to marry Mim anyways so it is all good.

Oh HUSH! YALL KNOW YOU JUST WANT TO MARRY ME FOR MY UKULELES! But, alas, I am taken! I told Levi he is forbidden to die, because men would want me for my ukuleles! Haha!

In a sense, I guess they did.

Hahahaha, we have a very committed relationship, that is for sure! A builder/dealer relationship! And we are also good friends!!! He is a pretty special guy!

great video! That's a gorgeous Pono, you got there...for me, the Big Island kind of rang out. I got my Ohana from Mim, she's awesome!

That is why I try to do comparative Demos. You never know what will sound "right" to someone's ear!

I saw a few Gary Gill ukes at the Tampa Bay Uke Getaway last weekend. Mims had a good supply on her vendor table. Probably a few more were being played by Sunday afternoon. Nice ukes.

There is a story there! I had 3! Mine, Greg Golden's, and Donalds. To show off. BUT... my box with 2 Gary Gills for sale got "lost" and ended up back at my shop and not in Tampa! So I will have them and 2 more at MUF! I was glad to show off what they sounded like and what they could do... but let me tell you, I had to fend off a lot of offers to buy my Merlin! Haha! "You don't understand! He is not for sale! He has a name! He is so much a part of me! You cant have him!"

That's funny. She is more like a daughter to me.

Back-atcha!

There is a kind of everything lining up just right story with this partnership! Maybe I will make a separate post about it tomorrow when I have more time to type about it!
Because it is kind of a fun story! Look for it tomorrow!

Dave...I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that! Then I remembered Mr. Mim, and got very confused.

Hahaha! Yeah, Mr. Mim kind of likes me and probably wants to keep me a bit longer ;)

Ok, I am going to rustle up some pictures for yall and post tomorrow!

I received my Gary Gill spruce/maple a couple of weeks go and is looks and sounds great! Mim was great to work with obtaining my GG!

OMG. Think of all the ukuleles ! If I wasn't too old for you .... but then GG is a uke MAKER. oh well. congrats to you both and good luck.

arew Gary Gill and DS Gill related?

Last edited:
Congrats to both of you! A toast to a long, prosperous and happy union!
I wish I had gotten my Ohana from Mim, but it was a BD present, I had no choice in where it was bought. I won't say where it came from, but I'm getting no customer service.
Enough of my whining, good luck Gary and Mim!

Congratulations. The Gill ukuleles in a photo Mim posted on another thread - they are gorgeous!!! Can't wait to start hearing them on youtube in the demos.

Top Bottom