Ko'olau Alohi

Icelander53

Reaction score
My friend and I both a couple of ukes from Taiwan. Both solid Koa. I basically picked them both out. She got the good one. Mine never had any volume to it. It sounds ok but it's way too muted. So I have a bunch of Ko'olau strings and I thought I'd string it with the one they say is bright, and has volume. I hadn't picked that sucker up in months. Well guess what and bless my stars, it' really helped that uke. I'll be playing it occasionally now. They are good strings if they can help that Alulu.

I think more ukes get sold because people don't take the time to try different strings on them. Glad you found your set for that uke, we are lucky there are so many good strings to choose from.

My buddy "sam13" was seriously contemplating selling one of his Pono tenors because it did not sound as nice as his other two, yes he has 3 Pro Classics. We put on a set of South Coast mediums with a wound 3rd and he loves it. The uke has been saved from a trip to the marketplace.

Thanks.

Between myself and my practice partner we have 5 pono pro classics. :cool: I think we bought Andrew and his dad a couple of lunches. ;)

Strings really make that much of a difference! It has helped my alulu guitarlele as well. Now I prefer it over my regular guitars.

Sure like the Ko'olau alohi strings on my Pono mahogany concert. Great balance between brightness and depth. Easy on the fingers too.

Top Bottom