Ukulele Help

UkuleleHan96

Reaction score
So these past couple of months or so I haven't picked up my uke at all as I've been busy and kinda lost interest :( I want to try and get back into it and post more videos up.

Any advice for getting back into the ukulele when you haven't played for a while.

Any song or tab recommendations?

My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/UkuleleHan96/featured

Last edited:
What got you liking the uke in the first place? A song, a a style,......
Try going back to that and see if it restarts the muse.

Another option would be to try something you haven't done yet. Scales, finger picking, barre chording,.... Challenge yourself

The third option is to buy a new uke. That always does it for me!

Find some music that grabs you and try it.
Put your uke in a place where it is easy to get to and play.
Buying a new uke also fires me up!
Find a group or some other folks to jam with. That is the best motivation I've had so far. Really look forward to seeing everyone.

It depends what your tastes are, really - my trouble is I can get enthused by at least three different YOutubes and ebooks in one day! Like yesterday.... if you like blues, get over to Al Wood's site Uke Hunt and dowmload his blues ebook - $5 off at the mo, very good by, with videos linked..... I got it and it's great! If you like jazz, Gerald Ross has a good new youtube out..... or try Aaron Keim's video and tabs for Carter-picking - now that's a challenge! Sorry I can't provide links right now but it's all new or recent, you'll find it.... I blogged the Carter-picking.... (see below) ..... get that uke Mojo back, I'm sure you will!

Find a group or some other folks to jam with. That is the best motivation I've had so far. Really look forward to seeing everyone.
^^ Try this.

Join in on the Seasonistas' weekly challenges (says a man who hasn't yet made the leap into the abyss). They provide goals, loose structure and immanent deadlines. Although I haven't submitted entries myself, the challenges have caused me to think of or hunt around for songs, which has prompted me to work on a few, at my own pace and for my own pleasure and purposes.

Come on in ...don't lurk ...they don't bite .......snap and snarl a little ....but it is on the whole quite enjoyable....coooooommmme oonnn

I'm not experienced enough to give ukulele advise. But I watched your videos and they look nice. Might I ask, what were you doing when you took a break? Was it a chore? I do a lot of things. I have more experience with swimming probably than anything else. Where I'm heading here is that some people are very regimented, and it isn't the activity that they get bored or overwhelmed with, it is the regimentation. That has happened many times to me over the years with swimming. Sometimes I start racing the watch, or get hung up on laps, or someone gets me all hung up on some silly drill or routine they are doing, and I start to dread even going to the pool. I need to remind myself that swimming is supposed to be fun, not some chore. I tone it down and just go back to enjoying swimming, without all the self imposed stressors. I quit counting laps and leave my watch in the locker room, and just swim. It is a renewing process. Maybe that is what you need to do. Maybe you need to quit challenging yourself for a while, and do what you feel like doing instead of what you think you should be doing.

Last edited:
Pardon?.... I must have missed something earlier. "Anal Puckered"..."Liberace cowboy suit"..."Moa feathers" ??

Are you playing the ukulele or just camping out in Chelsea, New York?

Ha! have you forgotten I'm "anal puckered"? Anything that wasn't a Grammy contender would be an insult to my admiring public. And in only a week! Not even I'm that good. The editing alone would take a month, cutting every corner. No to mention auditioning the dancers and contracting for the pyrotechnic display. Ralph Lauren is still working on the Liberace cowboy suit—can't find a source for the moa feathers; we may have to get Japanese scientists to clone them.

Well just do it sat on the bog then ....I do ....well ,the rehearsals ...no one is ready for that image yet !!...and I just call it "my latest load of old toot" ...cos it is a load of Old toot is my offering.

Ahh. I see the a.puckered thing ....damn.....did you read the whole thread ? ... The " A.P "was a reference to an earlier post in the thread ...which would have been quite insulting if you were not aware of it ....as I clearly see you were not ....my bad ....I quoted the term from Bob -In -Alberta's post...ooops ...well apologies then cos' I meant no foul ...I was actually trying to extend an Olive branch in my own half arsed and clumsy way ........and now Hippie Dribble is all bent out of shape with me ....and I could not understand why .

How do things go so Pete Tong based on a few lines of scribble?

Stick a vid on ...you know you want to :iwant:

Top Bottom